My 99 4x4 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZShawn

Reaction score
Hi all,
I own a '99 Expy, 5.4l 4x4 here in Phx. I've used these forums countless times over the years, as I've made countless repairs in the ~9-10 years I've owned it. Recently made the decision to start putting some time/money into the truck to curb my desire to buy a new vehicle, so I decided it's time to join the site! The first big investment was new tires (pic below), love the look of the BFG's (but I cried when I saw the invoice lol). Just replaced the shift motor, fuel filter, fuel injectors, I did the plugs about a year ago along with front suspension (upper control arms, tierods, ball joints, swaybar links, front wheel hub/bearings).

There's dozens of other things within the last year or two I can't even keep track of: some vacuum lines, PCV, evap hoses, IAC valve, removed and cleaned throttle body, fixed ejected spark plugs (the CalVan 38900 is a good kit), etc.

As i'm typing UPS just delivered my 6.0 trans oil cooler that will be going on hopefully within the next couple weeks along with changing the tranny fluid/filter (Dexron III/Mercon). It's consistently been 110+ degrees here, so we'll see if I can talk myself into doing it, may wait for cooler weather. At some point after that i'll be changing the rear wheel bearings.

The end goal is to have a rig i'm confident in taking on some AZ mountain trails or possibly out of state trips! Any tips, tricks, advice are welcome!
99Exped.jpg