My Expedition came with Platinum Price and Pinto Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What a horrible experience. I remember looking at a 2018, new on the lot and I noticed the hood being significantly misaligned.
I ordered my 2018 and took delivery at the end of April 2019 and have had not had any significant problems.
Sorry for your experience

Tocapet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Meanwhile, back in the jungle....... The earlier models are chugging along just fine. My '09 EL XLT is doing just fine. Only minor things. Like the blend door from dash to floor vents is blocked and stripped the gear on the little motor. No big deal. I just use the dash vents for heat by directing them down. Engine, trans. Just fine.

Pop302

Reaction score
A little off topic, but I went to look at an Escalade esv yesterday and noticed a misaligned gas cap too

Some of the crap American brands get away with would never fly with Bmw/Audi/Porsche. A bit crazy how much money they’re asking for these big trucks

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
People seem to have wildly different experiences. Mine had one door that didn’t close fully. That was it. Other than that, it has as good or better build quality than anything I’ve owned, and it’s as good or better than any of the thousands of Toyota’s I’ve inspected at the factory. I worked in their shipping department and I can catch things on cars most people wouldn’t notice. That and being a gearhead in general.

some of the shit being posted is just unreal. How can these things roll out so differently?

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
….

some of the shit being posted is just unreal. How can these things roll out so differently?

Well…. You know that person that you work with that has no clue that they suck?.. but they got hired anyway.. for whatever reason…

..yeah, I have a few of those where I work. They continually deliver crap products, and nobody gives them critical feedback, ..and they wouldn’t understand it anyway,…. so they just go happily about their merry way.. leaving those of us who actually are competent to make up for their slack @ss…

You hope your vehicle comes down the assembly line when THAT person, or persons,.. are not on shift.
Of course, one would think Quality Control would catch the inferior worksmanship,.. but hey, I’m sure there is plenty of that type in that position also..

And if you are curious about why the Japan-built cars (especially in the 70s, 80s and 90s) were far more reliable and better-built…. I’d start there.

donsmrs

Reaction score
My experience with ford corp was crap. 6 months almost, multiple attempts at escalations, ****** canned responses when I sent typed letter (so ****** even the customer service reps signature was laser printed, can't even take two seconds to sign a letter?), And so far not a response from the board, after about 2 to 3 months. I know, covid means they aren able to respond on the same calendar year, but Jesus. Finally after threatening suit, they approved a warranty repair.

Just crap all around.
You could try starting at the top of the corporation and only deal with a live person. My mom did that with a bad RCA TV one time. She called the RCA president, David Sarnoff (sp?) person to person in New York, got him and stated her case. When he tried getting smart with her, saying he didn't know what she expected him to do, she told him. His option was to own up and fix the problem for good this time, or she was going to throw the year-old TV console into the store window where she and Dad bought it, AND she was going to take out a newspaper ad telling the world what a lousy company he ran. Then she hung up. Twenty minutes later, the local RCA dealer called her, saying they had a pick-up order from RCA, they were to replace the picture tube and reimburse for the last one she and Dad had bought. The replacement TV was still working fine 15 years later when they donated it. From my mom, I learned to start at the top, (or close to it), and do it verbally; never by messages. Maybe women are just meaner. Who knows?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could try starting at the top of the corporation and only deal with a live person. My mom did that with a bad RCA TV one time. She called the RCA president, David Sarnoff (sp?) person to person in New York, got him and stated her case. When he tried getting smart with her, saying he didn't know what she expected him to do, she told him. His option was to own up and fix the problem for good this time, or she was going to throw the year-old TV console into the store window where she and Dad bought it, AND she was going to take out a newspaper ad telling the world what a lousy company he ran. Then she hung up. Twenty minutes later, the local RCA dealer called her, saying they had a pick-up order from RCA, they were to replace the picture tube and reimburse for the last one she and Dad had bought. The replacement TV was still working fine 15 years later when they donated it. From my mom, I learned to start at the top, (or close to it), and do it verbally; never by messages. Maybe women are just meaner. Who knows?

You assume Ford makes that possible. There aren't published email addresses or phone numbers for execs, I did several searches and tried a couple but they route to a standard IVR for customer care. So that's why I ended up going straight to the board but again, no response. I don't think Ford wants to make it easy right now, their quality issues and customer issues are so rampant it would overwhelm anyone there.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
People seem to have wildly different experiences. Mine had one door that didn’t close fully. That was it. Other than that, it has as good or better build quality than anything I’ve owned, and it’s as good or better than any of the thousands of Toyota’s I’ve inspected at the factory. I worked in their shipping department and I can catch things on cars most people wouldn’t notice. That and being a gearhead in general.

They roll out so differently because the workers don’t care about the quality, and the quality-control inspectors are also UAW members, so they don’t rock-the-boat with their union buddies.

I ordered and bought a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4. When delivered to me with 3 miles, t had a misaligned hood, misaligned LF wheel opening molding, misaligned panel on the lower LF fender, and loose and misaligned interior panels in the third row (right side).

Ford is making a lot of money, and their workers and the management do not care if the vehicles leave the factory with visible defects.

I get a good chuckle now seeing how Ford is cutting production due to lack of parts, and loosing a massive amount of money. Serves them right.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Trolls be having nothing to do these days.
Yeah this forum gets its share of silly you need to figure 1/5th are non owners

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I complained to the ceo of Lowe’s a couple years ago about something. Wasn’t a fun deal.