My expy just shut off on me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron stowe

Reaction score
I was driving and out of nowhere my oil gauge dropped to low and the check gauge light came on the engine studdered a little bit and then seemed to run fine till I stopped at a stop light and it jus stopped running it was still on but the engine had shut off. I am 1000 miles past an oil change. Any chance you could tell me what the problem is?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You stated the oil gauge dropped to zero and you had a check engine light

Have you checked the dip stick to see what the oil level is??

Have you had the codes read? If so post them as it will help to see what is wrong.

The oil gauge does not read oil pressure The sensor for the gauge is just a switch that tells you that you do or don't have pressure. Think of it as a light switch its either on or off

How many miles on the expy??

OP
OP
A

Aaron stowe

Reaction score

Have you had the codes read? If so post them as it will help to see what is wrong.

The oil gauge does not read oil pressure The sensor for the gauge is just a switch that tells you that you do or don't have pressure. Think of it as a light switch its either on or off

The check engine came on when it shut off I have 145000 miles on my expy

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate asking the same question TWICE but I will

OP
OP
A

Aaron stowe

Reaction score
I hate asking the same question TWICE but I will

The dipstick was dry just checked it and no I have not had the codes read since it happened this morning and I luckily made it home