My first Ford!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Castro

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just bought a used 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer edition from my brother. It was his wife's daily driver until she got a new car and its just been sitting in the drive way for 3 months. I bought it for 3k and replaced the battery, fuel filter and fluids. It needs new tires but is driving fine. He has recently rebuilt the motor, replaced the plugs and timing belt as well. Currently I am driving it and have found a small leak in the rear CV axle and last but not least, it takes an hour to get gas in it due to a possible blockage in the fuel line somewhere. I have swapped the vapor canister with one from a junk and pull but the issue remains. I read through all the pages in the 3rd gen forums and I have a good idea where to go. Great group so far.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just bought a used 2007 Expedition Eddie Bauer edition from my brother. It was his wife's daily driver until she got a new car and its just been sitting in the drive way for 3 months. I bought it for 3k and replaced the battery, fuel filter and fluids. It needs new tires but is driving fine. He has recently rebuilt the motor, replaced the plugs and timing belt as well. Currently I am driving it and have found a small leak in the rear CV axle and last but not least, it takes an hour to get gas in it due to a possible blockage in the fuel line somewhere. I have swapped the vapor canister with one from a junk and pull but the issue remains. I read through all the pages in the 3rd gen forums and I have a good idea where to go. Great group so far.

Welcome to the site. Do you want me to change your username?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a bad canister solenoid that's acting up. Run codes, I'm sure it will come up. If not, you might want to change it, really an hour to tank up?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk