My new tires and "safari" rack playin' in the mud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed some new Falken Rocky Mountain ATS in size 285/75/16 and love em. They just dig in and go, I was throwing rooster tails about 30 feet behind me. They are pretty quiet on the road, but I will have more to report about that once I take my rack off since it is pretty loud. I haven't even put any wheel weights or dynabeads in yet since my beads haven't shown up in the mail, and the tires only have a tiny bit of shake above 60 mph.

I also put on a "safari" rack (got it on ebay) and I really like it but I need to get a fairing put on it to keep it from howling in the wind.

Now I just need to get my 3 inch lift put on and get my trailing arms and track arm made and I will be set for a while............... hopefully.

I was going to try to get on the HMMWV off road course today but there were privates training so I couldn't exactly jump on the course with them. So I found an older off road course that isn't in use any more.

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

NO DUMPING!!!!!!

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

Here are some pics of the old part of the range where I work. The army just spent about 15 million to build a state of the art pop up target range that has miles of fiber optic cabling.

IMG_0970.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg

Last edited:

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive been waiting for this and what makes it better is its exactly the same as mine. to me the most worth while things were bedlining the fenders and paint that grill black!!also if you can, take off the running boards because it will look just that much taller. i love those tires by the way.
bedline the fenders and if you dont like the black, which i bet you will once you do it, just pick up the gold paint and paint and clear the fenders!

very nice truck!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
very nice. i was going to talk to a falken tire rep when i was at super cross last night but it was raining and my gf was cold so i couldnt. but i have seen these in action. they work very well. i was thinking about getting my self a set but then again the 35s i want have no warrenty.

OP
OP
JDMitchell

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Your truck looks good, I like the color of it as well as the safari rack on top.

Do those tires rub at all?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey whats some specs on that roof rack...$$, make and size... looks good might have to get one...

OP
OP
JDMitchell

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Your truck looks good, I like the color of it as well as the safari rack on top.

Do those tires rub at all?

None yet, that I have noticed. I will check my inner fenders before I take the expy to the car wash tomorrow to double check.

hey whats some specs on that roof rack...$$, make and size... looks good might have to get one...

67.5x39x6

I bought the 24 inch extension so the normal one is 43.5 long. It does create quite a bit of wind noise so I will need to get a fairing to quiet it down. It actually looks sturdier than the pictures in the auction, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box. The hardware to mount it to my stock roof rack works very well and can be taken off within 5 minutes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ROOF...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2996wt_1165

24 inch extension
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/24-E...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edyk1986