Mystery Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SBesveschen

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Let me preface by thanking you for your time and any thoughts you may have.
I just bought 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition.
I wanted a pick up, but this guy was the original owner. The paint was rough from the Florida Sun but interior was perfect. It still smells like a new truck.
He assured me the truck was perfect. He had receipts, records, etc. The only thing wrong with the truck was code P1450 purge valve.
I bought it. That's where it gets good. I installed the part, check engine light goes off and it runs perfectly all day. Next morning truck barely cranks. Runs very rough to the point of shaking the whole truck. Turn it off. Go inside to do some research, 30 minutes later truck cranks fine. Purrs like a kitten. Get down the road, go to pass someone and lose power, almost like truck isn't getting fuel or misfires. I install new fuel filter and purge valve in the back under spare tire. Sometimes this truck runs perfectly. Cooler weather and there are less problems. Hot and humid, and I don't know what it's going to do. Running perfect the other day, parked it and couldn't get it to start. It would crank but would not run. Changed the fuse box out because I couldn't hear the fuel pump relay. I could definitely hear it engage on the used one I found but still wouldn't crank. A mechanic came, opened this compartment in the interior, near back door, pushed a red button and it started right up. If I had to guess, this is a simple fix but I have no idea where to look or what the change out. I have attempted to change the fuel pump driver module out but I cannot find it anywhere up under the truck. Any help would be highly appreciated. I'm really grateful for any wisdom anyone may have. A sidenote, when I turn the overdrive off, it doesn't seem to lose power as much when I try to pass. I have tried all kinds of things and little tricks that I've seen on YouTube. I'm just hoping that someone has been through this with theirs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire