Black Label suspension mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrLauderdale

Reaction score
Hey y’all,

We have test driven two different Navigators in the last week. Number 1 was a 2020 Black Label with only around 52k miles. Beside the fact that the beautiful Chalet theme interior looked like it had 152k on, what threw us off was the harsh ride. We test drove a 2018 Reserve (with heavy duty trailer tow) and was super smooth.
I cannot find anywhere that BLs have a different suspension tuning except in this forum where some members talk about their harsh riding BL.
Does anyone know what’s behind this?
Appreciate any input!

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We're they both 4wd? It could be tire pressure, it could be busted shocks. I had driven a my22 kr expy max, and the ride was insanely smooth. Test drove a my22 platinum max in the rain, nowhere near as smooth. I say as well, ford shocks have a huge bandwidth in performance. Every vehicle has a difference in how they road depending on the day, weather, how much it's been driven, etc, but every ford I've had had the biggest difference in ride from day to day to include my current 2020 nav.

OP
OP
M

MrLauderdale

Reaction score
We're they both 4wd? It could be tire pressure, it could be busted shocks. I had driven a my22 kr expy max, and the ride was insanely smooth. Test drove a my22 platinum max in the rain, nowhere near as smooth. I say as well, ford shocks have a huge bandwidth in performance. Every vehicle has a difference in how they road depending on the day, weather, how much it's been driven, etc, but every ford I've had had the biggest difference in ride from day to day to include my current 2020 nav.
Thanks for your reply! Very interesting. I will try to test drive several more before we make a decision. I asked in a 2018 and up FB group as well and there is a group of people who had the same experience that we had, some have a Platinum and a Black Label, same year and wheel size etc, very different suspension setting.