Nav startup delay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cnctech

Reaction score
Anyone alse have a problem with the delay from the time the car starts to the time the reverse screen starts displaying?

I just purchased a 2012 Expy EL and in the morning when I start the car it takes about 15-20 seconds before the reverse image displays on the NAV screen.

Is there a better option (apart from turning my head and looking ;-)

Johnny Law

Reaction score
My 2011 Limited Expy does the same. I always assumed it was boot up time for the NAV unit. I never really timed it but if I am in a hurry the backup camera is never on before I back up it just says "FORD".

I think it is just the way it is... Gotta back up the old fashion way or wait.

Johnny

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cnctech

Reaction score
Thought so - just hoping there was a better option.

thanks for the response

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my wife's car does same thing, and it's not a ford... I think they're just cycling through the boot up process, as you well know, they're basically mini computers in these things... the best option is to slow down in the morning, take time to sip your coffee, smell the flowers and let the back up screen come on, or you can go old school and actually look over your shoulder and use your mirrors like we had to do for the first 100 years of driving, lol.

Bojo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2010 does the same thing. And so did the Denali I had prior to it. It's common.

wyo_vr4

Reaction score
The other posters are correct. With any vehicle where the backup cam is integrated into the navigation system, you must wait for the whole system to boot, which kind of defeats the purpose. In my 2008 Lincoln Mark LT, the cam was integrated in the rear view mirror and instantly switched on when the transmission was in reverse. Damn, I miss that truck...