Navigation issue driving me crazy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotthere

Reaction score
Just disable android auto in settings. Your phone will charge per normal plugged to the USB in front and let the passenger do the app navigation on the phone. connect phone via Bluetooth and select it as the source on the Audio display. you can even skip, pause etc. Tip on Amazon music you can download songs to listen offline. If you want to stream a news feed or any other internet audio source it will play through the speaker and the Ford Navigation will work at the same time. Confused a little though If you're out of cellular range your phone is now just an MP3 player and you don't need android auto for that????

OP
OP
ChaseM

ChaseM

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I just wanted to be able to have my phones plugged in and still be able to use the Ford navigation. Thanks to you guys I figured out how to turn off Appleplay on the vehicle’s settings and now I’m getting what I wanted :)

Jamaican Cruiser

Reaction score
I use the charging port in the center console or from the rear of the console to avoid this. I live in Northern Virginia and while navigating through the mountains on trips the using the cellphone to navigate is simple useless.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just disable android auto in settings. Your phone will charge per normal plugged to the USB in front and let the passenger do the app navigation on the phone. connect phone via Bluetooth and select it as the source on the Audio display. you can even skip, pause etc. Tip on Amazon music you can download songs to listen offline. If you want to stream a news feed or any other internet audio source it will play through the speaker and the Ford Navigation will work at the same time. Confused a little though If you're out of cellular range your phone is now just an MP3 player and you don't need android auto for that????

Bluetooth audio blows.

It’s ridiculous they lock out native apps (including nav) just because you plug your phone in. Makes zero sense.

I download lots of Apple Music albums and Tidal albums so although it’s “just” a MP3 in no cell service areas it’s pretty nice to be able to use it.