Navigator 2018 North American Truck of the Year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The peice only seems steep cuz some dealers aren't willing to negotiate price. The msrp for these trucks are par for the course and will competitive within the class, being the newest of its class and all.

I agree other than on entry level, IMO the entry level XLT should have been more stripped down at a cheaper price $53k to get in the door is too steep. Just a few years ago it was under $40k which is a fair entry price. I get that it includes more than before, all I’m saying is entry should include less and be more affordable for budget minded buyers as it historically has been. Would be nice if they had an entry truck with the 5.0 and less goodies in the $40,000s MSRP.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw that ford may be planning to add the xl trim for commercial sale for 2019. Alsi, it wouldve been nice if ford added the 5.0 and the 2.7 as std engines to lower the price and made the ho 3.5l an opt. 2.7l would be fine for my needs, the 5.0 would boost expy sales considerably. I see too many comments that ppl dont even consider the expy or navi anymore due to no v8 opt. A shame because the expy and navi have always been near top suvs

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The discerning buyer will note that Autotrader will let your search for XLs and there do seem to be a few available for purchase...

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Local dealer has a 2018 standard length XL in white with black cloth interior. Actually a really nice truck. You'd really have to look hard to find the differences between it and an XLT without additional features.

See that a dealer in Albuquerque is listing XL trim 4X4's for under $50K for buyers who finance with Ford Credit. Ford Credit minimum loan amount a few years back was like $3500.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Depreciation after two years is almost 48%. Consider that, when spending $80K on a Navigator or Platinum Expedition. The Lincoln Navigator should have the 475hp, 5.0l they put in the New Mustang.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate when sentences don’t have commas placed correctly, im pausing in all the wrong spots.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Depreciation after two years is almost 48%. Consider that, when spending $80K on a Navigator or Platinum Expedition. The Lincoln Navigator should have the 475hp, 5.0l they put in the New Mustang.

A two year old Gator will NOT sell for 40k.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
A two year old Gator will NOT sell for 40k.
I leased a Lincoln MKZ, for 24 months. The buy out was 52% of MSRP $31K, with low mileage(10k a year) lease. 48% with 12k a year. If came out to be around $18k, but car only had 11,000mi. Well under expected mileage. My parents purchased it. They got a practically new vehicle.

AmpForE

Reaction score
I saw that ford may be planning to add the xl trim for commercial sale for 2019. Alsi, it wouldve been nice if ford added the 5.0 and the 2.7 as std engines to lower the price and made the ho 3.5l an opt. 2.7l would be fine for my needs, the 5.0 would boost expy sales considerably. I see too many comments that ppl dont even consider the expy or navi anymore due to no v8 opt. A shame because the expy and navi have always been near top suvs

The 3.5L HO outperforms the 5.0 in torque, towing and fuel economy. Why would people not consider the 3.5L, they really just want a V8 that bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro