Need a programmer and a tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecrotch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys like the title says, I need a programmer and a custom tune. I am running a custom intake that uses the stock air box with the filter completly exposed so the only restriction is the intake pipe post filter. I also am currently having my exhaust shop building custom equal length headers and 3 inch header back exhaust with a "Walker Super Turbo" muffler no cat's. Is it possible to purchase a programmer and build a tune for the mods I have? If so can I get a quote. I live in Santa Fe NM, So this would all have to be done than shipped to me as well.

Thanks for your time,

Joe

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
joe did 5star get in contact with you??

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
sorry for late reply, pls feel free to call us anytime to talk about specs..

roshanill

Reaction score
I live in a place where they do emission testing every year and if you have a tune on your truck it will not pass... well I have the test tomorrow morning and when I looked for my programmer I can not find it anywhere...I know that I could go to the ford stealership and have them reflash my truck but that will cost money I don't have at the moment....

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry for late reply, pls feel free to call us anytime to talk about specs..

I've been looking for a tuner/programmer that includes a vacuum gauge and an ammeter in its set of displayed gauges for almost two weeks without success. do you offer a solution?

I've seen comments here that 5star doesn't monitor this forum. Given the very low level of forum participation I've experienced, I'm not sure I can blame them - assigning people to work with a forum is not free, and if it's not going to return enough to pay for that cost, then it is not worth it.

But, one thing I've noticed that all the vendors do that is the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot is the locking features; the property of their tuner/programmer that limits it to one vehicle at a time unless the owner pays more money for an already expensive piece of equipment.
I understand why they do it; I just believe it is a bad decision. They should take a look at the IT industry; one thing that hurt many consumer offerings were proprietary offerings. Customers tend to avoid them when they have options. You vendors are creating an opportunity for somebody to come in and yank this market right out from under you. please rethink your position on this.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tuners and Programmers

Wow... the nightmare continues!
I just had a disappointing conversation with the Edge Tech support guys. TECH support. got that? this came from the people they staff the TECH desk with...
so, first of all, using their terminology (for SKU 85450, the Edge Insight CTS2), from their website under the link for Data Parameters (https://edgeproducts.com/shop/insight-cts2), I had to teach the guy on the help desk:
1) "Manifold Abs Pressure" is actually commonly referred to as "engine vacuum" pretty much every in the world. Until then, he was telling me the CTS2 could not show vacuum.
2) volts and amps are not the same. As well, he spells ammeter "ampmeter", even after I spelled it for him. He'd clearly never heard the word before.
3) Air/Fuel Ratio and Timing are NOT the same... he could not tell me, but I was able to deduce from the gobbledygook he was spewing, that "Power Enrichment" is the change in air/fuel ratio the programmer has made. He tried to convince me he meant when the fuel was injected... which may be a thing, but I seriously doubt it's what is meant here.

I was beginning to lean to buying the CTS2, but after this conversation...

I suppose I should be happy he didn't try to tell me that Manifold Abs Pressure is part of the brakes.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now I'm talking to a local SCTS sales rep at Fuel Injection Specialties (https://fuelinjection.com/) on the phone and they are hands down the best support I've talked to so far!

When the difference in customer facing skills is so dramatically different, it makes the buying decision much easier.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants