Need help on figuring out if my 2014 Expedition has Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently bought a used 2014 limited that only came with 1 key. I asked was there anymore keys and he said no, the key I got has no button to crank the car remotely, so I pop the hood and see a decal that says it has a remote start installed. Does it come from factory with this sticker or is it a aftermarket ? I took a picture of the sticker under the hood and my Vin if anyone can advise me on this. The Ford dealership says the 2014 is only showing a 4 button remote , not a 5 button remote.

IMG_0541.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have a kill switch under the hood (on the side)? You can also check for the brain behind the steering column off to the left (mine is all the way behind the adjustable pedal switch).

Untitled-1.jpg

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently bought a used 2014 limited that only came with 1 key. I asked was there anymore keys and he said no, the key I got has no button to crank the car remotely, so I pop the hood and see a decal that says it has a remote start installed. Does it come from factory with this sticker or is it a aftermarket ? I took a picture of the sticker under the hood and my Vin if anyone can advise me on this. The Ford dealership says the 2014 is only showing a 4 button remote , not a 5 button remote.
Try hitting the your (4 button key fob) lock button 3 times holding on the third time

OP
OP
Ron1978

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried it yupster, didn't work

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried it yupster, didn't work
Worth a shot some of the aftermarket plug and plays remote starts use that.
Could also be possible they took it back out before they sold it.

OP
OP
Ron1978

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found the book on it in glove box paper work, so now I need to find where to order the fob from. I read in book the can be programmed easily

image.jpg

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The system that goes with that book was made by Code Alarm, owned by Voxx Systems. It was the aftermarket remote start sold and installed by Ford dealers.

Two types of system were available and I think they both had the same manual. A two-way system reported back to the transmitter that the car had started, a one-way system did not.

You can find remotes on ebay, but you'll have to determine which system was installed. Look for a part number on the module which is tie-wrapped to the harness near the steering column.

OP
OP
Ron1978

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok I will, thx everyone for the help

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's pretty easy once you read the instructions. On page 6 it walks you through it. Hit the lock button on the FOB, then hit the KEY button within 3 seconds. The parking lights should flash and the truck will startup. If you want to shut it down just hold the KEY button down again and it'll shut off.

OP
OP
Ron1978

Ron1978

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered a mint used remote from EBay for $7.99
Got it today, put key in turned it to ON the press brake, found the valet button under dash, held it for 15 seconds and horn chirped, push the remote and it chirped again, it programmed now!!!! Thanks guys for the help on this issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357