need help with window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

undzis

Reaction score
i have a 2005 expedition and having a window problems. for some reason if i try to roll down my widows from the driver seat, all the windows will roll down except the driver side rear. But none of the windows will roll down using their own button. i can only roll down the windows from the driver seat. an even then i cant roll down the rear driver window. any help fixing this is most appreciated.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with all of them working from drivers control and not the rear I would wonder if its the window lock button malfunctioning??

OP
OP
U

undzis

Reaction score
very good possibility I guess. would the driver side switches stop any of the windows from rolling up or down though? my driver side rear wont wok from tht set or the driver seat. i thought it as the motor at first and replace the window motor but that didnt help

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe on mine... if i disconnect the drivers control... no other windows will work... possibly wired in series and thus breaking the connection.... i don't know for sure but it is a possibility.... maybe see if you can find a new control for cheap at a junkyard....

jourdan18

Reaction score
Sounds like it's your main window switch, which is the driver master switch for a ll 4 windows. That switch power is connected to all 4 switches which could affect the other window switches not getting power.

GEORGETOWN

Reaction score
I am having a simular issue except that I can roll up and down all of my windows from my drivers seat except the rear drivers side but I can roll that window up and down with no problems from the rear drivers door switch

I just wrote off the main switch and put it on my to do list to replace the main switch at the drivers seat

Xd9m1

Reaction score
Try cleaning switch first. saved me some money. this is how i did it.
1. Remove switch from door panel
2. Pop off bottons. dont need to remove window lock button
3. With something flat or pointed, pop tabs on both sides of switch.
4. Remove rocking switch with flat head screw driver.
5. Two metal parts under switch Clean terminals
Just take your time not to lose or crack any parts.
You will see black gunk under the metal parts.
Sorry dont know the names of the parts.
Took me about 10-15 mins.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
U

undzis

Reaction score
hi guys thanks so much for the advice. Sry it took so long getting back to yall. wife and kids has had me running crazy. Turns out that you were right. it was the driver side master window switch that had gone faulty. Thanks again for your help and sry for the late response.