Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murdamami

Reaction score
So I have antifreeze pooling with coil packs on passenger side the hoses don't look to be leaking and I don't see the seam of the intake manifold wet it's slightly mixed in the oil neck and on cap but not on the dip stick what can I be there's no misfire no check engine light driving perfectly fine any ideas can the intake manifold have the coolant mixing with oil

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I have antifreeze pooling with coil packs on passenger side the hoses don't look to be leaking and I don't see the seam of the intake manifold wet it's slightly mixed in the oil neck and on cap but not on the dip stick what can I be there's no misfire no check engine light driving perfectly fine any ideas can the intake manifold have the coolant mixing with oil

Attachments

• 17071644963665640642459734286766.jpg
    17071644963665640642459734286766.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
M

murdamami

Reaction score
So it's the coolant tube thing that the t connects to the metal tube is rotted and has a hole cross over pipe I believe the thermostat is housed in 1 end of it metal tube on the other end thanks

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my expedition (08) it was the plastic T piece that you are ppinyin g at, when the engine started and the coolant got hot, the T piece would leak and coolant dropped into the top of the engine. I replaced the T piece, it comes from ford with the 3 hoses attached, 2 hoses have quick disconnect fittings and the third goes to the bulk head and uses a screw clamp (we call them jubilee clamps in England). It was quite easy to fix, took about an hour to remove the old hoses, fit the new hoses, add coolant and then check for no leaks. I know other people have just cut the T piece out and then fitted a barbed T piece with clamps (a lot cheaper but I went with the ford part less than a hundred bucks). Several people have had that T piece fail, so it’s a known weakness.