need new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So with 27k miles the hankooks are a bit skinny
been looking at Michelin lt ms2 i had them before on the 150,
cant believe the price increase on them..250 at discount tire OMG

what are yall running?

I got a set of those Michelin LTX MS2 for just $104/ea on walmart.com a few months back for the gator (255/70r18)...free shipping too

Try shopping alternative sizes, for example iirc 255/70r18 and 265/65r18 were pretty much identical diameter and interchangeable

Plati

Reaction score
what are yall running?
2014EL (summer) --> Firestone Destination A/T (P) @ 33K = 6/32"
2014EL (winter) ---> Kumho Road Venture AT51 (LT)
2003XLT ---> Falken Wildpeak AT3W (LT)

all good, Falken's my favorite, nice Falken tires
... get comments all the time

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The Michelin tires are the best I've tried. I used to buy Coopers, which are about the cheapest American tires on the market. The Michelins ride much better. If you want cheap, there's a plethora of Chinese junk out there for $60 - $80/tire. Good luck with them.

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score

what are yall running?
We have the Cooper Discoverer SRX on the wife's '16 Expy. Dealer put them on new when his wife was driving vehicle before we purchased. She put 3k on them and we've added another 4k ...guess I need to go have them rotated! [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

93prostar190

Reaction score
Michelin Defender LT tires are the best .... love them if you are not doing a bunch of off road .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I bought it used with them on there about 18 months ago. They do ride nice and seem fairly quiet. Wondering if they are worth the extra money over the others.

The Michelin have a 70,000 mile warranty. The less expensive tires could be as low as 40,000. Some members have mentioned other tires you may want to consider.

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
70k mileage is my leaning as maybe to get 40 out of them with our roads.
I have hankooks on the bus and they are tough, but the ones on the car seem pretty soft.
thanks all

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score

what are yall running?

If you can wait a couple months, Sam's Club will have their usual Michelin rebate and free install soon (probably by Black Friday, but January at latest).

what are yall running?

I've got the LTX and am not a fan. They're not nearly as good in the snow as the Pirelli Scorpions I had on there before. I only changed due to tread life, but I'll be going back to the Pirellis when the LTX are done.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The Coopers were fine for me, but I never did get much mileage out of them, perhaps 24,000 miles at the most. I'll see if I do better with the Michelins. Always bought the Coopers because I'd usually trash at least one tire before thew wore out and the mileage warranties are pro-rated junk. They just get you to go back and buy a new one a $12 off the list price.