Need smart folks; talking rear Diffs and Lockers - new idea?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DIFFERENTIAL ASSY for 2012 Ford F-150|CL3Z-4026-A

Check that out; fits 2012 F150; which I'm fairly sure offered a 9.75" pig in the back. What am I talking here?

Would the carrier 'know' it's in a IRS system and somehow not fit? Do I want a selectable locker with my axles/cv's all out of whack cuz of the spacer lift? Would selectable be easier - as it'd send 50% of the power to each side vs suddenly sending all of it to one side?

With this set up I'd need the seals/bearings kit, a hole drilled into my truck's rear dif carrier, a wiring set-up of some sort.

Talk to me. Can a selectable locker be THIS 'easy' for the 9,75" crowd? It's this or ARB Air locker ($1100, plus on-board air, plus seals/bearings, plus wiring = $2200? maybe 2500?).

OP
OP
D

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
adding - randy's lists the same TrueTrac part number for both rear ends; 06 Expy and 2012 F150- leads me to believe the 2012s e-locker would fit in my truck's rear case and all that. Am I stupid or willfully naïve about this?

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The E-locker is computer controlled on my truck (look at sig) it will not engage over 25 mph and shuts off over 25 mph . This must be for a reason ,not sure why

OP
OP
D

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks - the only cavaet is - i would be operating outside the nanny software; just rigging a simply relay and switch. Make sense? Itd have no intrinsic way of knowing the speed its working at.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it works great cuz when its on any steering input is hard to control like on snow it is pushed straght ahead

OP
OP
D

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool - i realize i might be giving up full time lsd; but the locker would be awesome off road