Need some advice on HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jayhawk2014

Reaction score
OK, I am ready for the jump to HID. My brother's Mark VIII has them, my dad's Escalade has them, and I am stuck with wimpy halogens. I don't want to buy a no-brand conversion kit/new headlight housing off eBay, but I can't seem to find specifics.

What are you guys running HID wise and where did you buy?

svtfiveoh

Reaction score
OK, I am ready for the jump to HID. My brother's Mark VIII has them, my dad's Escalade has them, and I am stuck with wimpy halogens. I don't want to buy a no-brand conversion kit/new headlight housing off eBay, but I can't seem to find specifics.

What are you guys running HID wise and where did you buy?

I just installed a set from www.ddmtuning.com , I went with the 5k for my 2003 Expedition... I have used DDM before and never had an issue, I have a set on 01 Saleen Mustang, 08 Mazda 6 and 97 Volvo 850-R... Pricing from them is 25 bux compelete...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a lot of people here swear by ddmtuning.com...i bought 3 sets from ebay...no problems until i bought aftermarket head lamps in which i needed i relay...havent installed them back in yet...but overall...VERY SATISFIED with my ebays...

6000k low/fogs
3rd set for wifes car

OP
OP
J

jayhawk2014

Reaction score
How is the glare in the stock housings? Also, 35w or 55w and does anyone have any pictures of what these DDM kits look like at night in stock housings?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lightwerkz.com...pricey...told me close to $1300 to paint housing, amber removal, CCFLs, projectors
(4 types to choose), labor, and ship'n...$600 for my wife's altima

rod_costa

Reaction score
1st post here, bare with me. :)

I have an 07 EL EB and was wondering what else I need to purchase along with the Kit from DDM.

I am looking at the Apexcone Raptor Kit with 6K bulbs and 35W.

Do I need the HID Harness, Error Code Eliminator and adapter cables?

Has anyone tried these on a 07+ stock headlight?

Thanks a lot in advance.