Need some help from all of you..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'm probably crazy.... but.... its 12a.m. here on the east coast and now I cant sleep because the though of taking over the old site will just be bad @$$.... or maybe its the Capt. Morgan in me.... but this is the best news since the old site telling us about this site.... but I am glad I didn't get my FEF.com decals made up yet.....:Grenade:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I say option 1. look at it like this! shaggy will be the owner so it wont go to shit like it did there for a little. and itll have all this new traffic, with better rules so no "for sale iphone7s" and "russian mail order brides" haha. and if he makes sol and nuts mods we will have tonyd, elvato, and just4fun over there as well. the more the mods the better. this will allow for better movement of items such as spam to be deleted quicker, if it happens, and for sale ads if someone dosent have enough posts to post in there yet, but isnt a spammer.

i say do option 1. make it look like this one, have all the kickass smileys and this will allow for more pictures of our rigs on the corners, and try and make it so dgrays rig isnt the permanent rig on the bottom corner. hes old and will forget about it eventually. haha :pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

and dont forget about the dancing pepper. i think thats #1 used smiley!

o and can you make it so we can change what it says under our name?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres still alot of work that needs to be done over there, even when I post half the smilies have red x's. Plus can the skin be made to look the same as this

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Shaggy.

I vote for option 1. I think keeping two separate forums only confuses new Expy owners. After I bought my Expy last week I googled for a forum and came across both EF and FEF, and didn't really know which is better. So I ended up registering on EF and then noticed that ppl had migrated to FEF months ago lol.

Did you take a look at the ImpEx option in VBulletin? https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
This is what i'd do:
1.rearrange the sections on EF to look just like FEF.
2.make a backup of the FEF database.
3.make a backup of the EF database.
4.use the ImpEx feature to import the FEF backup into the live EF database.
5.if the import doesn't work, revert EF to the backup db and start copy/pasting important threads manually. I bet many users would be glad to help out. I sure will.

BTW: I hope you plan on keeping both domain names, even after you take this forum down, right? It would be nice to have both domain names point to the same forum.

my 0.02

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup make it look just like this and get rid of half of those useless sections that are up there. ANother thing I noticed there are alot of 1 post for sale adds. All that needs to changed so we dont get people thinking this is craigslist.

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ANother thing I noticed there are alot of 1 post for sale adds.
I've seen forums where there's a rule that users with less than X messages cannot post for-sale adds. It prevents abuse from ppl who only register to sell their stuff and not contribute to discussions.
A more restrictive rule is that ppl with less than X messages cannot start new threads. This prevents trolls that register only to spam the forums with crap.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like the idea of unless you have X posts you cannot start a new thread... but then we would have to have one "sticky" thread for newbies.... but with the right mods shouldn't have the problems like the old site did with spam.... and from my understanding if we go with option 1 basically EF will mirror FEF just have a lot more posts already since it will have the old ones.... but thats when we need to go and delete some of the garbage posts and sticky the important ones.... but I'm still waiting for "the decision".... I think we will be taking our talents to EF.com.... :Grenade::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Tigster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few of the racing sites I am part of have a new member section where they have to do an introduction. Once they are approved they can post elsewhere. It keeps the spam down to 0 except for a few in the new member area.