Need some help from all of you..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has the "decision" been made yet??

and if we go back to the old stomping grounds... can the quick response become available....

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing has changed officially.... the news just broke last night and still waiting for Shaggy to decide what he wants to do.... from what I have read and what I would like to see is the "old site EF.com" will get a makeover and look just like this one FEF.... basically Shaggy owns both and will make one hopefully EF the main one and anyone that comes to this one will get directed over to the "new-old one"....

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A few of the racing sites I am part of have a new member section where they have to do an introduction. Once they are approved they can post elsewhere. It keeps the spam down to 0 except for a few in the new member area.

thats what i like. another forum im a member of has that. it takes anywhere from that night to the next day to get approved. and if theres more than one thread of the same subject than the mods say tell them no duplicates and delete it right there, or just lock it for a little bit then delete it.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, all I am asking is to help me out with option 1 or 2. We can go off talking about other stuff later. Just help me with the options for now ;)

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Shaggy.

I vote for option 1. I think keeping two separate forums only confuses new Expy owners. After I bought my Expy last week I googled for a forum and came across both EF and FEF, and didn't really know which is better. So I ended up registering on EF and then noticed that ppl had migrated to FEF months ago lol.

Did you take a look at the ImpEx option in VBulletin? https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex
This is what i'd do:
1.rearrange the sections on EF to look just like FEF.
2.make a backup of the FEF database.
3.make a backup of the EF database.
4.use the ImpEx feature to import the FEF backup into the live EF database.
5.if the import doesn't work, revert EF to the backup db and start copy/pasting important threads manually. I bet many users would be glad to help out. I sure will.

BTW: I hope you plan on keeping both domain names, even after you take this forum down, right? It would be nice to have both domain names point to the same forum.

my 0.02

I am going to give the impex a try. It would be sweet to be able to move all posts/new users over to ef.com automatically.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Option 1. I would shut this one down, and build that one into something like this. Way more members, and info over there. In your hands, that site will kick ass. Don't worry Walnuts, we'll strart a ***** thread again.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Option 1. I would shut this one down, and build that one into something like this. Way more members, and info over there. In your hands, that site will kick ass. Don't worry Walnuts, we'll strart a ***** thread again.

why? i have the most posts from the most active members. haha i think the owner had the most posts, but i know i topped 1000. but here over 2000 now! haha we would need to have a ***** thread.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why? i have the most posts from the most active members. haha i think the owner had the most posts, but i know i topped 1000. but here over 2000 now! haha we would need to have a ***** thread.

are you sure??? check WALNUTZ:

walnuts4x4
Super Moderator

Garage
walnuts4x4's Garage
Walnuts4x4

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am going to give the impex a try. It would be sweet to be able to move all posts/new users over to ef.com automatically.
Yup, hope it works well. Hope it's smart enough to deal with duplicate thread IDs and with users that have the same username in both databases.
Let us know how it works!