New 2 me 1999 Ex 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am on vacation right now in Puerto Rico until the first of July, been 3 weeks already. I am ready to come home for sure.

Since I am on here right now, I have a question. Before I left for vacation, I noticed I have a oil leak coming from the P/S upper back area of the engine that is running down on the starter to the exhaust pipe and burning a beautiful oil burn odor. I have searched up and down, and even took the wheel well splash shield off to take a look. I can not seem to find the area of concern. Is this a common issue? And if so, can some point me in the right direction? I am sorry ahead of time if this has been discussed before or many times, but this hotel internet cafe is sooooo slow in speed it takes forever to browse page to page.

Thanks in advance if any help can be given.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
" but this hotel internet cafe is sooooo slow in speed it takes forever to browse page to page. "

The story of all expats. What do you mean you're ready to come home already?!

In the past when I was chasing a leak, I would spray the engine with degreaser and power wash the engine and transmission and blow back areas with a vengence. This could also mean laying on your back.

The advantage is it's easier to trace if you watch it closely.

Now you can buy dye and look at your engine area under a blacklight for the leaky glow spots.

Of course, if you're going to powerwasher an engine, let it cool down a lot until it's not hot your you're hear plugs crack etc.

Maverick1701

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just read this entire thread....man that is one sharp Exped sir! It gets me in the mood to do some mods to mine....all it takes is money haha

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also read the whole thread, Looking good!!!! very clean and I know you have a steering wheel cover but you need to check out a wheelskins steering wheel cover, I got the 2-tone sand and brown and it really sets off the wheel

Sir.Gregory

Reaction score
Hi Bill, I'm returning home from deployment next month. I just wanted to let you know that I have thoroughly enjoyed following this thread since its creation and I have been able to learn a LOT from it as I've read, re-read, and re-read it again multiple times. I've also been able to get some ideas for what I will do to mine when I get home. Thanks for taking your time to lay out everything you have done and for helping the rest of us with our questions. I'm sure I'll be coming to you with some of my own in the near future. Oh and while I'm not a paratrooper, my Grandfather was in WW2 and my Uncle was as in Nam.

John15016

Reaction score
Thank you for your service! I too just joined today(12-2-12) and have had my 99' XLT for just four months.
Good Luck.

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AMAZING THREAD!
I just joined this week. As many others have said:
1. Thank you for your service.
2. SWEET BUILD and write up. I love the attention to detail.

It really makes me want to do things to my truck, too. I really like the gauges. I may do those first... not really into lifting it - did that with my Jeep... I am also tempted to go with the JLT CAI and the tuner... more MPG is a great reason for a new toy. :)

gkelly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just went through the whole thread your truck looks great I just got mine a few weeks ago so far I did headlights,taillights,fully tinted,and hids