New 2 me 1999 Ex 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diesel3

Reaction score
sky jumper,
i believe your iol leak on the back pass side is the dreaded pass side head gasket leak. just having mine done now, at 1200 dollars. it turns out that in 99 they had a head gasket design flaw on the pass side in back where the head meets the block there is a high pressure oil passage in the head that seeps oil through the gasket causing it to puddle up on the block and spill down the bell housing on to starter and cat converter causing that burnt oil smell. ford has made updated head ghaskets, 4ply as opposed to 2ply to solve the prob. mine did it, it didnot run hot, or leak any antifreeze, it just seemed like a oil leak till i took it to the shop, they put it on the lift and showed me with a mirror on a car antenna like tool. i also have the 4.6L so 1200 bucks and all new top end gaskets and no more oil leak. sorry to be the bearer of bad news, i hope im wrong about yours. keep us posted diesel3