New 2 me 1999 Ex 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good list of mods you have planned...

Well the only concerns I have without the parts in hand that was ordered is the clearance of the 305/70's with 16x10's, B/S is at 4". I hope not to do any trim or what not. Hopefully the E-Bay 3/2 lift kit I bought will be adequate to allow for that combo without any rubbing. Offroad will not be the reason of this vehicle, but will go ocassionally, because my wife and I camp a few times a year. So the full articulation issue is not a issue at all, unless I fall into the Abyss while on the road, HAHA. I did not see many threads on that tire combo on here, but the 305/70 is not as tall as some of you running the 295/75's, just wider. We will see shortly.

Summit Racing said the tires are on the brown truck already out of Ohio warehouse, and the rims are coming out of California warehouse by tonite. So it looks as if they all will be here by Monday. I hate waiting on the man in the brown truck. HIGH anticipation is the root of all evils.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well here is the pics of the EX, the only blemish on the interior is the driver airbag has a couple of chips of the paint and the black is visible. Other than that, the interior is mint as new,.....
1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome and I am sure I speak for the others "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!"
C'mon guys!. Although the tan doesn't seem to be initially the most favorable color I think it can be made to look good with the right addition, dark tint, wheels tires etc. The tan interior would kill me though..
I love mine as well, I love the power of the 5.4 but I have some definate rust issues to deal with but I traded off a super low price and low mileage.

Edit: I have the same 16" wheels and the look and stance of the truck definately benefits from larger tires. Check out a thread I made when I put the larger tires on, they were only 265's but did it well. For me just going to an LT tire from a passenger tire made a huge difference. IMO they put the passenger tires on to get away from the "truck" ride to appeal to the soccer mom grocery getters, It's a friggin truck!!!

I can't wait to see how it progresses

Last edited:
OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well today I did a thorough inspection of the engine bay. What did I find you ask, I found the heater core inlet and outlet hoses cut off and joined together. DAMN...

So, I went down to AutoZone and picked up a new heater core, and two new lines with the right fittings on them, and you guessed it, took the dash out, and replaced it all. Took all of 4.5 hrs to do the whole job.

Hope to never do that again for a long while.

And a positive note, the tires, intake, and muffler and tips and lift kit will be here tomorrow. The rims will not be here until Tuesday, DAMN IT.

OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well the man on the Brown Truck came through, I received everything except the rims. The rims will be here on Tuesday. So I will install the lift tomorrow, and the muffler and dual exhaust I have a appointment next Wednesday for that and I will get it realigned tomorrow or Monday.

Does anyone think I need longer shocks with this small lift?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I got the lift installed today. Took me about 3.5 hrs to complete it. Looks pretty good, and I achieved 2" in the front and 2" in the rear. I could of gone more on the front, but I will need to get longer new shocks. I took it for a test drive, and I can say that I will be buying new shocks as it is a bit bouncey in the front due to the shocks almost maxed out. So that wil be next. The rims will be in on Tuesday, and Wednesday I get the dual exhaust installed. It is coming together pretty good and rapid.

Tell me what you think,

Before lift,
1.jpg
2.jpg
After
7.jpg
8.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SkyJumper

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I got the dual exhaust done today. I bought a ****** Aero Chamber single in dual out. And 2 Magnaflow 18" rolled tip SS tips. I have had 3 other vehicles with this combo and I love the sound of it. It does sound awesome now. Tomorrow I should receive the rims, and then I can get the tires and rims mounted. It is getting there.

68.jpg

76.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger