New 2017 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all, my name Mick I'm from Columbus Ohio. Bought a used 2017 Xlt Expedition El almost 3 months ago. Only added features over stock, was the sun or power moon roof they call it for a extra $995. MSRP was $54,051.00 Someone added the Katzkin leather. Car fax was clean, 1 owner truck originally from New York, 1st owner registered it in Tulsa, Ok said fleet/lease company. They ran the odometer up to 46k. Truck was then at a dealer in Delaware, Ohio for 3 months, then sold to my dealer. My dealer was unable to provide me details or paper work on the katzkin, so I beat them down a few dollars. We may have over paid for a basic truck, but we gave 32k. Thought that was a good deal since it was a 17 model and 22k less than original price, plus the added leather. Someone going to the trouble to add the leather, somewhat worried me as to how bad the original interior looked? The carpets and paint all look great, except the right rear plastic molding over the wheel well has a spot coming loose.

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a bought a xlt and discovered it had the tag on the drivers seat. I originally believed it had original factory leather but turned it down later. The reason dealers put the Katzkin leather which is not cheap is that the vehicle had factory cloth originally. In your case I don't know. My current one had factory leather but I wasn't satisfied with the wear on the drivers seat corner so its currently at a place getting repaired. Mine was a rental with 35500 on it. I bought the extended warranty to 100K or 7 years. I paid 36500 with a trade price of 28500 plus 3800 for the warranty.

OP
OP
mquick5

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered some avs rain guards and bug deflector. They arrived today, I was excited to install only to find the bug deflector cracked! Spent 20 mins on phone to be told I had to wait on a ups claim. And no idea when they would arrive to make pickup, not even a date! So I chose to take it to the local Advance Auto Part's. This was another hassel. As they just wanted to refund my money, and if I wanted to reorder they were gonna charge me full price! It was like a $20 differance, since I used a online discount code. Anyway after 15 mins or so back and forth, they decided to reduce to the price and order me another. It won't be in till next thurs. I was so PO I never installed the rain guards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mquick5

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put the rain guards on Saturday. While doing the drivers window 1st, I had issues when the window would go back up, it would automatically come right back down! Before ordering the rain guards I had read about this issue with in-channel guards & auto windows. I was advised the AVS brand would be okay. Well after a few times up and down, it seamed to work itself out. Then I realize my modern suv only has auto up on the drivers window only! Is this right, is that all you get is 1 auto up window, or do I have a issue? My 2006 GT Mustang has auto up on both windows!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk