New Air intake damaged?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
knock,knock, who's there?, fedex...excuse me..the package arrives at my house today. Open the box. Look at the instructions. look at the label. It says F-150 04-06. Im thinking to myself, after all the shipping crap, now its the wrong part? I call the manufactor of the part to see if it somehow it fits on the 07' 5.4L V8. The guy tells me they istalled the same part on a 07' f-150 and it should be the same for my Expedition. I grab my kid and take him out to the garage to check. Nope...Not even close. Now you could possibly rig some type of extension for the mass air flow sensor, but not me. the location were you mount the censor is on the wrong side of the tube. It look really cool, but no dice...
Now Auto Parts Warehouse is sending me a return slip to send that crap back. On Monday i will be calling back the manufactor to let them know the sensor does not mount were the drilled and tapped a spot on the tube. By the way they asked me to call them back if it had fit..Well i guess i have to continue my search.

Last edited:

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by RaiderNations
By the way they asked me to call them back if it had fit..

So basically, they were using a customer as their R&D department to see if it would fit.

Brilliant.

OP
OP
R

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If that is true. I should drive out to Little Rock , Arkansas and have them make some measurements on my truck. Just so I can get one for freeeeee. And I can tell them that I have guys lined up with 07' Expeditions waiting to purchase...Just a thought..

Hey Pronstar Do you want to take a look at the intake? Ill have it this weekend still.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I will send this crap back when I get the shipping papers from Auto Part Warehouse. But I jumped the gun on that part. They also gave a little fasle advertising. But Its all good. Im over that. Just went a got my 22" rims. I dont officially have them on yet. I will have them installed in the morning. Ill get pics up soon. I got the American Racing "Tank" style rims. They were designed by Dale Jr. They are sweet.

Here is a link of what they look like.

http://www.tirerack.com/snow/WheelS...+XLT+2wd&autoYear=2007&autoModClar=&grid=true

Last edited:

Carbon

Reaction score
Just ordered an outlaw power intake from advanced products, emailed and asked if they had the new one IMSN-0026 for the 07 Expedition 5.4L, with the never oil filter (similar to AEM's brute force). Should get it next week, said it would be shipped around June 1st for $249.

OP
OP
R

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just recieved the return shipping papers for that crap I bought. Let me know if it fits. They told me mine would fit also. But it did not. Ill hang in there.

AHurst

Reaction score
Hey guys - did the outlaw CAI fit the '07 5.4L Expy?

I want to put one on mine but could not find anyone that had one for the 2007 - emailed K&N and they ignored me.