New Air intake damaged?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check this out. I was waiting all day for my FedEx package to arrive with my new cold air intake for my 07' XLT EL. I got an email about 1 hour before I wrote this saying " 1st attemp-Incorrect address". Well I am positive that I gave the parts company the correct address. So, I decide to call FedEx and see if they if they can change or correct this "Incorrect Address" crap. Well first she cant find my package. Then she hit me with " Fed Ex truck overturned, package possibly damaged" . I was like WTF!!! So Fed Ex will try to deliver my package again. I can resend it back if it was damaged. Can you belive this crap? Not a good start to the mods for my Expy....:mad:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks.

I always wondered what happened if one of those dilivery trucks overturned. So who pays for the replacement, FedEx or the CAI seller?

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a problem with FedEx once before... When i used to sell on eBay i had sold a laptop that was worth about 700 sold for 300. When FedEx delivered the laptop to my customer it was broken, the box was crushed and laptop was in pieces. I filed a claim with FedEx and also had it insured when i shipped it out and all they covered was $100 ! Complete crap.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you refuse the package it will go back to the sender. Let them duke it out with FedEx. Call the sender and let them know the situation.

If the sender charges you and won't send a replacement, then file a claim with your credit-card company. You can't be charged for something you don't have...happens all the time.

OP
OP
R

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: As of 5/17/07 1:35 p.m.

Ok, Just got off the phone with the parts company. The rep said she was the one who recieved the call from FedEx saying they have incorrect address and needed my number to contact me. Well, no call from FedEx and the rep told me the part is being returned to sender. Now how come they told me yesterday the truck crashed, then today they say the address was incorrect and the package was refused by me. Wich is BS. Now I have no intake coming, freakin FedEx f-uped. 1:57 p.m. Just got email saying FedEx is filling a claim on damaged,lost,stolen package. Now I have to wait for the people to sort out this mess to get my money back. By the way I bought the intake from Auto Parts Warehouse. They shipped quickly and have been a great help with this mess. Unlike FedEx.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I ship thing and insure it I say insured and then a desired amount. Mind you if something happened and insurance came through and the lady only insured it for so much I'd still be ****** because like, what am I gona say? Anything they'd just brush off. I hate fedex and UPS. I use Canadapost ussually but I've heard stories to. Ussually better than UPS/FedEx. DHL might be good.

Good luck getting something back.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it was sent back to the seller, I'd contact them and see if they'll send you a replacement. If not, just call your credit-card company.

Last edited:

Carbon

Reaction score
Originally posted by RaiderNations
Update: As of 5/17/07 1:35 p.m.

Ok, Just got off the phone with the parts company. The rep said she was the one who recieved the call from FedEx saying they have incorrect address and needed my number to contact me. Well, no call from FedEx and the rep told me the part is being returned to sender. Now how come they told me yesterday the truck crashed, then today they say the address was incorrect and the package was refused by me. Wich is BS. Now I have no intake coming, freakin FedEx f-uped. 1:57 p.m. Just got email saying FedEx is filling a claim on damaged,lost,stolen package. Now I have to wait for the people to sort out this mess to get my money back. By the way I bought the intake from Auto Parts Warehouse. They shipped quickly and have been a great help with this mess. Unlike FedEx.

Which intake did you order for the 07 Expedition, I wasn't aware there was one out yet. Thanks