New Expedition owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedennis

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a 2000 Eddie Bauer. I bought it sight unseen from an auction house a couple hours from home. My wifes lease is up at the end of the year and need a replacement. Im on the Dave Ramsey plan so no more payments. I started watching the auctions and came across this 2000 Eddie Bauer. It has 239k on it. It didn't look too bad in the pictures.

20150418_123254_zpsm0a4lipo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have been a mechanic all my life so wasn't too worried. Descriptions said it had a misfire and exhaust noise. I won it for $1200 out the door. I get up to pick it up and found both issues. I started it up to load onto the trailer and heard it right away. It blew out #7 plug. No big deal. I have repaired these many times successfully over my career. I pulled the rest of the plugs today and found 1 and 5 plug wells full of oil. So planning to pull intake and valve covers and replace gaskets.

Here are some pictures of my first looks.

20150418_154717_zpsm0zctkqr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150418_151908_zpsrkqpncas.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150418_152006_zpsc8wsznoo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150418_150432_zpssvplq3ah.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am overall happy with my purchase. The goal is to make it safe for my wife and children for a couple years. Meanwhile will be saving for something newer. After that, I want to go wild and make it a mud truck. Swap in a 460 and C6 trans with 1 ton axles. Some 40" tires. Skies the limit. :hmm:

Exciting road ahead. I am happy to be here and excited to learn and hopefully teach something in the future. Thanks for reading.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...but I cant see any of the pics...I normally can see pics from photobucket...I use it as well