New Guy - 04 Expy 5.4 Triton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey All,

Glad I found this place. Haven't had much luck in finding an active forum community so I'm happy I stumbled across this one. Just purchased an 04 Expedition XLT with the 5.4 Triton and it has about 123,000miles. It isn't perfect, but the original owner took very good care of it and only ever used motorcraft / OEM parts. Hoping to learn about this vehicle being around you all. I'm learning I've bought myself quite an interesting machine with the 5.4.... Hoping to continue the good maintenance and have a truck that lasts a while.

Thanks!
-Alex

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase.
Welcome to the addiction.

Got any mods your thinking about?

Have the spark plugs been changed in that 5.4 yet? I hear they can be a *****.

@Yukon Joe

OP
OP
Deercampcrusader
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase.
Welcome to the addiction.

Got any mods your thinking about?

Have the spark plugs been changed in that 5.4 yet? I hear they can be a *****.

@Yukon Joe
Funny you mention the spark plugs. I did that the week after I bought it since they had never been changed. I can confirm that they are a *****... No mods just yet, I'm doing all the basic maintenance on it (Spark plugs, air filter, oil and transmission fluid changes, etc) and driving it for a few months before I sink any fun money into it. Any recommendations on mods? "First things to do, don't worry about these"? etc?