New Guy with a 99

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bygddy

Reaction score
Like the title says....
I'm a gear head, own a few hot rods, and owned a lifted GM product a few years ago. Decided I needed another man truck, I work at a dealer and we took a 99 Eddie Bauer in on trade a couple weeks ago. Has 275k (I'm a canuck lol) and was a one owner rig.
I bought it for $800, replaced the manifolds, studs and egr pipe myself, the outer edges of the floor to door frame channel was virtually non exsistant, and on both sides the wiring harnesses were outside the truck instead of inside lol. So cut some sheet metal, bent and hammered into place, speed screwed it in, tar and undercoated the hell out of it and layed the carpet back down. Fixed the broken wire to the rear amp for the sub, and called it good. Replaced the oil pressure switch for the wonky guage readings. Changed the oil and its done. Has brand new snows, brakes, and virtually everything in the front end. Its clean, its quiet and drives like a dream. I ran a switch to bypass the AWD so I can actually play in the snow in 2 wheel drive. I absolutely love this thing.....next up is exhaust, just a dynomax 3" tailpipe and a single chamber flow master. Then come spring time a set of knobby 285/70/17's and that's about it. Total investment so far is $1200 all in including purchase, I figure its a good vehicle for my 16year old when he gets his license later this year. That's it, just wanted to share lol

Dave

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got a 99 EB as well. Purchased with 127k on it and love it. Great vehicle and it's reassuring seeing so many members here with well over 250k (miles) on these trucks. I bought it for $3700 or so 18 months ago and have since put about as much money into it mostly due to desire rather than needed repairs. Love working on it and at this point almost everything outside of the transmission is new.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow! You really brought that thing back... do you have any pictures?

OP
OP
B

bygddy

Reaction score
I have a bunch of pics on my phone but not on here, will grab some tho, yah, its a hell of a truck....the thing drives like a dream. Once the spring gets here I will likely pull the snows off and go with a set of 33" or 35"..... 2" twist and a set of spacers. My biggest concern is gearing, I ran 33's on my Avalanche and it was a pig out of the hole. (More so then normal lol)
So I'm concerned about running 35's.....anyways, thanks for the warm welcome guys, this place is cool and I have been reading for days now and learning lots

OP
OP
B

bygddy

Reaction score
I've got a 99 EB as well. Purchased with 127k on it and love it. Great vehicle and it's reassuring seeing so many members here with well over 250k (miles) on these trucks. I bought it for $3700 or so 18 months ago and have since put about as much money into it mostly due to desire rather than needed repairs. Love working on it and at this point almost everything outside of the transmission is new.

Yah, my mileage as of today is 285000k, or 177000 for you amuricans....I drive my junk hard, and in the last 2 weeks we have had tons of snow to be stupid in, I have hammered through monster snowbanks and climbed all kinds of stuff lol, then there's the the donuts.....huge snowy parking lot donuts....and it hasn't dropped a bit of oil, it makes zero noise and runs strong, I'm a big fan of the generals LS motors and this thing honestly feels stronger then my 5.3 avi did with a c.a.i cat back and a programmer. Now fuel mileage is a different deal, I'm showing 12mpg which is down from the 16-17 I averaged with the avi. But its worth it....

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome.
You are right - it is a twin to mine...
Cannot wait to see pics of the "finished product"...