New guy with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guys can you put that lift on some quick-lift struts? will it harm the suspension?

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The max you can go is F: 3.5 R: 2.5 anything more will not work and damage suspension. Cost wise at least for me it was better to go with a leveling kit on ebay that was 3.5/2.5 and use billstein shocks and Moog constant rate springs

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok what parts of the suspension would be damaged? would this stiffen the ride? maintain factory ride? when you lift the expo that much what is the max tire size you can fit under there?

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok what parts of the suspension would be damaged? would this stiffen the ride? maintain factory ride? when you lift the expo that much what is the max tire size you can fit under there?

Ball joints, CV axles, shocks etc. the suspension will be cranked to the absolute max if you went more than 3.5/2.5 level there would be no room for any down travel causing the parts to be wear out FAST. The factory will be basically maintained with a 3/2 or 3.5/2.5 (they're basically the same lift) and it might seem a tiny bit stiffer you're someone who extremely conscious of the ride feel but the average person would notice absolutely no change. The max size you can fit with minimal cutting is 35" tall 12.5" wide tires on 17" wheels... With no cutting, can should be able to fit most 315/70r17 A/T tires. The best option for the most suspension travel and easiest fit is probably a 33x12.5 tire on OEM backspacing spec wheels.
FYI: my setup is brand new shocks and springs with an eBay 3.5/2.5 level and soon-to-be 315/70r17 Goodyear Duratracs on 17" procomp 7032 wheels with -6mm offset... Should fit fine and only require minimal cutting.... When I get the setup together (hopefully soon) I'll be posting a small write-up of the trimming places and info about the lift and tires.. Hope this helps

Jb14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes correct the axles would bind and the upper control arms would collide with springs when at full extension. I went with Bilsteins all around and Moog constant rate springs. Went with new tires and wheels Toyo Open Country R/T 35x12.50x17 on silver Method 17x8.5 wheels. I had to trim a little off the front lip on the wheel well. not a big deal as it is the plastic bumper cover and plastic liner. the trim is so slight you dont even notice.

OP
OP
S

sxk122

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Got the new tires on, love the feel. Slight rub at full lock, I need to get under and trim

IMG_20160601_214843_01.jpg

Last edited: