New guy with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sxk122

Reaction score
Hi all. Just got an 2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition with the purchase of a business last March. This is the first SUV I've owned-- everything else has been cars and bikes. I'm used to tinkering, and I normally lower my cars..... that said, I'd like to raise and level out the Expedition and I almost need new tires too. I think I'd like to run slightly bigger tires on the existing wheels.

I'm looking at this leveling kit--

2.5in Leveling Lift Kit for 03-13 Ford Expedition [585] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Suggestions of a better kit, or are they all similar?

As far as tires, I want something a bit larger and more aggressive. The ones on there now are 265 70 17. I don't want to have to remove the running boards. I like the look of 'Big Red Monsters' wheels and lift... does anyone know what size tires those are?

http://www.expeditionforum.com/members/40337-albums155-picture873.html

Also, the puddle light-bulb in the passenger side side-view mirror needs to be replaced. How on earth do you get to it......
Thanks,
Simon

Last edited:

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good looking level for it but go with like a 285x70r17 BFG ko2 it's a pretty aggressive tire and j heard they're getting some good reveiws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, the puddle light-bulb in the passenger side side-view mirror needs to be replaced. How on earth do you get to it......

There is a clip and screw holding the mirror turn signal/puddle assembly.If you fold the mirror in there is a screw(I think it's a a torx) to take a small cover off. There is another screw inside you remove and you can pull down and out on the clear part of the puddle/turn signal.

OP
OP
S

sxk122

Reaction score
There is a clip and screw holding the mirror turn signal/puddle assembly.If you fold the mirror in there is a screw(I think it's a a torx) to take a small cover off. There is another screw inside you remove and you can pull down and out on the clear part of the puddle/turn signal.

Awesome, I'll give folding the mirror in a go. Thanks!

OP
OP
S

sxk122

Reaction score
Skauber, that looks like mine.
They didn't make it easy to get to.

Just replaced the wheel arch trim tonight where the prior owner hit a trashcan...... thankfully just the one piece of trim was mangled. No body damage or damage to any other trim......

Thanks for the tire suggestion gruz 7

OP
OP
S

sxk122

Reaction score
Gruz 7, what do you think of the
BRIDGESTONE DUELER A/T REVO 2 in the P285/70/17 ?

Also, will these fit before I get the leveling kit?

Last edited:

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gruz 7, what do you think of the
BRIDGESTONE DUELER A/T REVO 2 in the P285/70/17 ?

Also, will these fit before I get the leveling kit?

Those look like pretty decent tires I believe a buddy of mine has them on his with no level as well so you should be fine there with the fitment... Seems like it's a high mileage tire to based on the reviews they get but they don't exactly live up some of the other ats in the mud and dirt but then again it comes to the point where do you really drive in mud an dirt as much as the highway? So all in all I think they're pretty good tires and that size shouldn't be problematic with fitting at all without the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk