New owner from St Louis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kleinzach

Reaction score
Hello folks! I'm the new owner of a 2014 EL XLT, 4WD with all the towing goodness (I bought the truck to tow our camper, a Wildwood X-Lite 230XL. Camper is still at a shop for some insurance repairs so no photo of the rig just yet). Been researching a new tow vehicle for the better part of a year (I drove an '04 Nissan Armada, which I adored, but was getting long in the tooth and had some minor but chronic mechanical woes), and finally settled on the Expy. I was quite frustrated at the dearth of 3.73 axles on the vehicles I was finding (I even paid a transfer fee for one dealer to ship in a truck from out of state, which they told me had the 3.73 axle, only to find a big fat "15" on the VIN sticker when it arrived). Based on my research I decided to look for an EL in the 2013-2015 range, as according to Ford at least all of those trucks had the 3.73 axle standard.

Finally found our white/tan XLT at a local dealer at a reasonable price (which I haggled down by $1,250), with almost zero rust (unheard of in the midwest in my experience), with just over 75K miles on it. Bought it the same day - aside from a blown out strut (which the dealer fixed under their 3-month pre-owned warranty), it's passed every inspection I've put it through with flying colors (with the short term warranty in mind, I've been taking the truck to multiple mechanics to make sure I find any potential warranty issues ASAP).

Anyways, I'm really excited about the new truck and looking forward to our first long-haul tow - I've got a family of 5, which still feels a bit lost in such a large vehicle, but our kids are small so I know we'll grow into it.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welolcone, there is a section devoted to towing for any issues you run across.