New Owner of 2015 EL Limited Checking in.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkhorse16

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just purchased a 2015 Expedition EL Limited 4WD because I needed to upgrade the family hauler.

It has just over 100k miles, some issues, but overall in good shape and it is what we could afford.

Had to travel a bit to get it, then immediately put it to work towing the previous family hauler back!

Plan to perform the 100k mile maintenance on it myself shortly, add a catch can, then start fixing some of the minor issues.

Just wanted to say hello, excited to register as I can tell this community is great from what I’ve read so far and will be a good place to learn.8EE9A172-8EB1-4531-98D2-AE14678740C4.jpeg0C841965-9C26-4C03-900E-8746CD2DBFBC.jpeg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello all,
Just purchased a 2015 Expedition EL Limited 4WD because I needed to upgrade the family hauler.

It has just over 100k miles, some issues, but overall in good shape and it is what we could afford.

Had to travel a bit to get it, then immediately put it to work towing the previous family hauler back!

Plan to perform the 100k mile maintenance on it myself shortly, add a catch can, then start fixing some of the minor issues.

Just wanted to say hello, excited to register as I can tell this community is great from what I’ve read so far and will be a good place to learn.View attachment 72343View attachment 72344

Welcome.

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 - purchased new. It is now at a Ford dealer, having a new transmission installed, as it failed at 92,*** miles.

What type of minor issues does your vehicle have?

What part of Kentucky are you from? Although I don’t live in Kentucky, my wife and I have vacationed at many Kentucky State Parks for years - when our kids were young. We visit Kentucky often, and have relatives living in the Lake Cumberland area. The state is a beautiful one.

OP
OP
Darkhorse16

Darkhorse16

Reaction score
Welcome.

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 - purchased new. It is now at a Ford dealer, having a new transmission installed, as it failed at 92,*** miles.

What type of minor issues does your vehicle have?

What part of Kentucky are you from? Although I don’t live in Kentucky, my wife and I have vacationed at many Kentucky State Parks for years - when our kids were young. We visit Kentucky often, and have relatives living in the Lake Cumberland area. The state is a beautiful one.
Thank you for the welcome,
I‘m sorry to hear about your transmission, mine seems to be performing really well; did a thorough test drive then the towing trip home. I don’t believe the manual calls for any transmission maintenance till 150k? I’ll definitely knock that out when it calls for it.

The passenger side power mirror doesn’t fold, looks like it was hit at some point, perhaps came out of alignment, I can hear the motor engage but it just kinda wiggles.

The blower is stuck at one speed, even when HVAC is turned completely off it’s still blowing.

It has a few small dents, dings and chips, tires are going to need to be replaced in the next 6mo as well I believe.

We’re about on the border between Kentucky and Tennessee; in the Oak Grove area; only been here about a year, but it is a beautiful state. I prefer spending my time in Kentucky as opposed to Tennessee; hoping to go exploring some areas “off the beaten path” with the family in this Expedition which is why I got a 4WD model.

Welcome aboard. What did you pay for it out the door?
Thank you; paid 25.2k out the door for it

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome,
I‘m sorry to hear about your transmission, mine seems to be performing really well; did a thorough test drive then the towing trip home. I don’t believe the manual calls for any transmission maintenance till 150k? I’ll definitely knock that out when it calls for it.

The passenger side power mirror doesn’t fold, looks like it was hit at some point, perhaps came out of alignment, I can hear the motor engage but it just kinda wiggles.

The blower is stuck at one speed, even when HVAC is turned completely off it’s still blowing.

It has a few small dents, dings and chips, tires are going to need to be replaced in the next 6mo as well I believe.

We’re about on the border between Kentucky and Tennessee; in the Oak Grove area; only been here about a year, but it is a beautiful state. I prefer spending my time in Kentucky as opposed to Tennessee; hoping to go exploring some areas “off the beaten path” with the family in this Expedition which is why I got a 4WD model.

Thank you; paid 25.2k out the door for it

Good luck on the repairs. There is power mirror reset procedure in the owner’s manual: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_07_2014.pdf

If you replace the HVAC blower resister, make sure you replace this part too: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163573-0001.pdf

OP
OP
Darkhorse16

Darkhorse16

Reaction score
99WhiteC5Coupe,
Thank you for that, I tried the reset procedure and it didn’t work unfortunately, It seems like the hit caused the hinge to become misaligned. I’ll likely need to take it apart when I have some time and see if I can line it all back up.

For that recommended pigtail replacement, do you happen to know if it’s the wires or the connector/pins that is generally the problem? I don’t like splicing wires if i don’t have to but if I could just install new pins and plug to address the problem that would be awesome.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For that recommended pigtail replacement, do you happen to know if it’s the wires or the connector/pins that is generally the problem? I don’t like splicing wires if i don’t have to but if I could just install new pins and plug to address the problem that would be awesome.
You will know as soon as you look at the harness because some part of it will be melted. Sometimes it is melted so bad that the harness is melted to the resistor, and you can't pull the harness out of the resistor.
You can check now by just pulling the harness to look at it. (not only outside but down where pins are) If you can't get it out, you know why.

Welcome to the forum

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
99WhiteC5Coupe,
Thank you for that, I tried the reset procedure and it didn’t work unfortunately, It seems like the hit caused the hinge to become misaligned. I’ll likely need to take it apart when I have some time and see if I can line it all back up.

This is good: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=42Ae37Zx90E

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello, excited to register as I can tell this community is great from what I’ve read so far and will be a good place to learn.View attachment 72343View attachment 72344

Nice! Welcome to the forum. Expedition looks great!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t believe the manual calls for any transmission maintenance till 150k? I’ll definitely knock that out when it calls for it.

Don't wait that long. The 6R80 is pretty robust, but Ford's maintenance schedule seems like it's designed more to get you into another Expedition than it is to keep you in the current one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni