New to me Expy, already having problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I first start the engine, there is a hissing sound from the rear. Is that something related to the fuel driver or something else?
The fuel driver module is all electronic. It can NOT make a noise !

OP
OP
G

Glenn B

Reaction score
Good to know!

I know, I sound like an idiot. I haven't had the thing in my possession long enough to even learn anything about it. I bought it in May, and it sat in my driveway or in the mechanic's lot waiting to be fixed. Maybe I'll get it back tomorrow, and maybe it'll work. Maybe not.

OP
OP
G

Glenn B

Reaction score
The mechanic is stumped. He's going to call a Ford place tomorrow morning. Crossing my fingers that it isn't a timing chain. I'm starting to understand why it was for sale so cheap.

Glenn

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems like the 06 model was the red haired step child of Expeditions. From all I've read, and participated on the forum, they do have more than their share of issues. I think I remember in one of your posts, you said it's running rough, and the code reading p0012 and p0345, involving camshaft advancing and retarding problems. If one of those malfunctioned it would definitely cause the issues your having. One of our members Habbibie had a similar problem with his, and his motor had a nuclear meltdown. Definitely have that shop or another if their not schooled on your SUV fix that issue ASAP. Running around retarded or advanced too far will cause headaches. Moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 exp

Reaction score
If the problem occurs after the engine gets hot then more than likely you are loosing oil pressure which will cause the codes that you are having! A lot of people try replacing all the timing components and tensioners and fix the problems others the only way is to try thicker oil or replace engine !

03 exp

Reaction score
Since you don't know where exactly are you loosing oil pressure internal to engine! Heads oil pump etc!! Good luck

OP
OP
G

Glenn B

Reaction score
Seems like the 06 model was the red haired step child of Expeditions. From all I've read, and participated on the forum, they do have more than their share of issues. I think I remember in one of your posts, you said it's running rough, and the code reading p0012 and p0345, involving camshaft advancing and retarding problems. If one of those malfunctioned it would definitely cause the issues your having. One of our members Habbibie had a similar problem with his, and his motor had a nuclear meltdown. Definitely have that shop or another if their not schooled on your SUV fix that issue ASAP. Running around retarded or advanced too far will cause headaches. Moose.

The camshaft A was changed, but the laboring power persists. However, he did say it was 2 quarts down. He added oil but it's still stalling out when coming to a stop. It runs great at highway speeds but stalls when stopping.

Glenn

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The camshaft A was changed, but the laboring power persists.
WOW !! $$$$$

I think you need to find another mechanic. Too bad you are not closer to Avoca, NY. Erci O. at South Main Auto would fix it right for sure !

OP
OP
G

Glenn B

Reaction score
WOW !! $$$$$

I think you need to find another mechanic. Too bad you are not closer to Avoca, NY. Erci O. at South Main Auto would fix it right for sure !

I agree at this point. He's great for all around repairs, but he even said he needs to talk to someone at another garage who specializes in Fords. However, I did look at the error codes before taking it in, and it was referring to Camshaft A. So I am not surprised that he did swap it out, but I was hoping that would be the fix :(