New to the EcoBoost, sound right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it hasn't already been stated record the dates you visit dealer, along with service advisor name, service manager,etc. Also make a copy of the recorded sound on to CD or whatever you have. In case it gets ugly, and it usually does, you'll be chronicled. Judges love documents. Without it, it's he said, she said, etc. I drive a slightly less powerful version each day with our fleet of Ford Transit vans. Some are turbos, newer ones supplied by Serramonte Ford are not. In close to 2 years of driving them daily, I have not noticed one making any valve train noise. Or any noise for that matter. Our fleet is 2016-18 Transits. Hard to believe the Expedition uses a different motor, besides a hotter cam, and a better breathing heads.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dealer says everything's good. Service advisor initially said "that's just the injectors" but I showed him the SSM. Neither he nor the technician had heard about that. He was actually hoping that was the problem so they could get a nice warranty claim in for the engine work, but no joy. He even brought over a second tech to get another opinion. Everyone agrees, injectors and HP fuel pump noise. So it is what it is. At least I have it all documented if there are issues down the road.

Gave the rest of the vehicle a good scan as a courtesy since I am coming up on end of warranty, which was nice (Nothing found).

Some updated information (TSB): https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10149748-9999.pdf