Next leg of my Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shoro60

Reaction score
A few years back, my neighbor totaled my beloved F-150 when he borrowed it. My wife pleaded with me to get an SUV and after research we went with a 2004 5.4 Expedition XLT. We came to love that truck, but when I planned to do a full restoration; the price was nearly as much as upgrading to a newer one. I decided to go with a 2010 5.4 Limited in excellent shape with 166K on the dash. After getting it, I immediately upgraded tires because we like to hit local areas to go shooting. After that, I had some general maintenance things like transmission flush, oil change, spark plugs & coils changed, air filter change and change coolant lines. I can't believe how well this thing drives and am definitely looking forward to this weekends road trip. The difference between the feel of the four gear transmission and the six gear transmission is pretty noticeable. I haven't done a serious tow with this one yet, but I am thinking of doing one before the six month warranty I got with it runs out. I am not a huge fan of new, electronic heavy vehicles, but have heard that the 10 gear models feel even better. Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience after having read through so many posts on this site.