Nice riding quiet MT tires, what are people running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parkspremier

Reaction score
Had a set of firestone destination MT’s on my expedition and it rose horrible! What are others running that they like?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Iirc MudTerrainers will ALWAYS run like **** on pavement... compromise is LT AllTerrainers (AT) like BFG KO2s, Nitto, etc.

OP
OP
Parkspremier

Parkspremier

Reaction score
In the past on various rigs I have ran Toyo M/T’s with good success but not sure how they would be on an expedition. A possible good compromise would maybe be the Toyo R/T? Has anyone run them?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those Toyo R/Ts are supposed to be the Bee’s Knees but they are big money.
I don’t have the need for MTs. I ended up buying Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws as lots of folks have been reporting that balancing the recent KO2s is a nightmare if even possible without a ton of weight.
The Falkens are a fair amount cheaper and I have yet to hear a bad review and everyone says they are super quiet. We’ll find out in the next week or so hopefully.
They make a Wildpeak MT may want to read up on them.

OP
OP
Parkspremier

Parkspremier

Reaction score
Those Toyo R/Ts are supposed to be the Bee’s Knees but they are big money.
I don’t have the need for MTs. I ended up buying Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws as lots of folks have been reporting that balancing the recent KO2s is a nightmare if even possible without a ton of weight.
The Falkens are a fair amount cheaper and I have yet to hear a bad review and everyone says they are super quiet. We’ll find out in the next week or so hopefully.
They make a Wildpeak MT may want to read up on them.
Thanks! I was able to swap and sell the MT’s I had and now have some all seasons that I already owned on it for now. For next winter I would like to get some better traction tires. I figured that if I found a good tire that people on recommend, I will search for a good set on Craigslist or on sale etc

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the past on various rigs I have ran Toyo M/T’s with good success but not sure how they would be on an expedition. A possible good compromise would maybe be the Toyo R/T? Has anyone run them?

I'm running the Toyo RT's and really like them. I had the AT II's prior to that and road noise is naturally not as good with the RT's but It's not bad. I've had them for close to two years now and have been really happy with them.

upload_2019-4-5_21-18-35.png

OP
OP
Parkspremier

Parkspremier

Reaction score
I'm running the Toyo RT's and really like them. I had the AT II's prior to that and road noise is naturally not as good with the RT's but It's not bad. I've had them for close to two years now and have been really happy with them.

View attachment 29451
Well they look really nice on your rig. I had the AT 2’s on a pickup and Hated them!

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you planning on running a different set for the winters?
My limited understanding is that true mud tires are flat dangerous in ice and snow.
I don’t even think Nitto Ridge Grapplers that are considered a hybrid AT/MT are not snow rated.
I know that the Nokian Rock Stopper is supposed to be a phenomenal tire but no one ever mentions noise good or bad and they have zero siping so ice and snow are a no go unless studded.
While we have zero stud restrictions here I don’t really have a need for the MTs especially for the cost and no desire to fool with studs.

OP
OP
Parkspremier

Parkspremier

Reaction score
Are you planning on running a different set for the winters?
My limited understanding is that true mud tires are flat dangerous in ice and snow.
I don’t even think Nitto Ridge Grapplers that are considered a hybrid AT/MT are not snow rated.
I know that the Nokian Rock Stopper is supposed to be a phenomenal tire but no one ever mentions noise good or bad and they have zero siping so ice and snow are a no go unless studded.
While we have zero stud restrictions here I don’t really have a need for the MTs especially for the cost and no desire to fool with studs.
Ultimately I would like to get another set of wheels and tires to swap for fall/winter and run these for spring/summer. As far as MT’s go, I have run 3 sets on 3 different pickups for winter etc and loved them! I never had an issue on snow and ice etc