No aux audio input on 2017 Limited with sync3?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 18 Expy does not have audio input jack like my 10 expy, 07 mustang and 11 cadillac had. I want to us an audio device that is not blue tooth. I can't find a blue tooth transmitter to plug into my audio device that is compatible with the 18 Expy BT radio (tried TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter and Receiver but does not work). Anyone know of a BT transmitter compatible with the 18 Expy?
Is your device USB capable?

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 18 doesn't have the aux jack either, unless there is one in the second row near the climate control (haven't looked yet). Stamp11127s idea is worth the 6 bucks. I just use the bluetooth or usb and works well. There is even an option in Sync 3 to change the primary phone back and forth from the wifes to mine. You can even get a usb card reader to plug in if you have a card you want to use.

dand

Reaction score
bobmbx, no is not USB. Just has audio jack output.

Sgt Darkness, what is Stamp11127s 6 buck idea?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
bobmbx, no is not USB. Just has audio jack output.

Sgt Darkness, what is Stamp11127s 6 buck idea?

Will not work. Requires an OS to allow that device to work as an audio adapter. Pretty sure the QNX OS that Sync 3 is based on will not have that driver. No reason for it to have it. Even if it recognized it, you would have to use the single channel Mic input. You would lose any stereo.

What device are you plugging in if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dand

Reaction score
An Olympus digital recorder. I record TV news shows to listen to later. Only has audio jack output. Tried a BT Tx/Rx but the radio did not connect to it. Also use my Samsung phone but it will connect with BT or course.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 17 has the aux, and usb, no 12 volt in center console. It's a regular sync not sync 2 or 3. Rear has a 12 volt and single usb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Lots of variations! My 2017 XLT with navigation has Sync 3 (hardware). Firmware is up to 3.0 or something now as well.

No mini-plug Aux input in my '17 console (or anywhere else) I can find, just a pair of USB ports and a 12v socket. 12v socket in the right lower dashboard mirroring the transfer case switch placement on the left. A useless empty bin mirrors the brake controller -- gotta have symmetry. :) Rear seat has 12vDC and 120vAC outlets.

The 12v outlets remain On all the time. I hate this "feature."

-- Chuck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2