No complaints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm an oddball, but I have had no complaints about my 2022 Expedition XLT Max since I purchased it. It's my 3rd EXP. First one was from CarMax, had some weird transmission problem the dealer couldn't diagnose so I traded it for a 2020. I had to take what was on the lot, again an XLT MAX, but didn't have the accessories I wanted. Traded it in December, 2022 it for my current 2022 XLT MAX . It's been trouble free and I love it. I'm not trying to be a "pollyanna" here, but overall it's been great as has the dealer (I went Jim Tidwell Ford on Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw, GA). Around town I get 17-19 MPG, on interstates I've gotten as much as 22 MPG. I'm very pleased and happy with the vehicle. Sorry some have had problems, not me.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm an oddball, but I have had no complaints about my 2022 Expedition XLT Max since I purchased it. It's my 3rd EXP. First one was from CarMax, had some weird transmission problem the dealer couldn't diagnose so I traded it for a 2020. I had to take what was on the lot, again an XLT MAX, but didn't have the accessories I wanted. Traded it in December, 2022 it for my current 2022 XLT MAX . It's been trouble free and I love it. I'm not trying to be a "pollyanna" here, but overall it's been great as has the dealer (I went Jim Tidwell Ford on Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw, GA). Around town I get 17-19 MPG, on interstates I've gotten as much as 22 MPG. I'm very pleased and happy with the vehicle. Sorry some have had problems, not me.
Im getting 13-14 in the city but I never use the auto stop start. Do you use auto stop/start? your mpg is where it shoulf be where mines is horrible and I drive easy

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My first Ford was a 2001 Excursion 7.3 diesel. It rode like a buckboard. My first Expy was a used 2015 EL Limited 4x4 Towing with 110K miles. It was beat to sh*t and rode like it, bouncing like a roller coaster literally throwing passengers out of their seats! Traded it on our current 2020 MAX Limited with AWD, not 4x4, or towing. It rides like a dream compared to our two previous Ford SUV/trucks. I have nothing but praise for the 4th Gen. We don't tow or go off-road, so I am perfectly happy to have a smooth highway cruiser for once.

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No complaints here either! Great daily driver compared to the F350 dually I drove for 4-1/2 yrs. Decent fuel mileage and comfortable on trips...handles like a sports car compared to the dually!! '21 XLT with max towing and the FX4 package. Tows our travel trailer every so often also.

Dahammer

Reaction score
I have no complaints, also. I have had the lady since the end of May 2023.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im getting 13-14 in the city but I never use the auto stop start. Do you use auto stop/start? your mpg is where it shoulf be where mines is horrible and I drive easy
I think people's definitions of "city" can be very different and it's not even worth mentioning what you feel your "city" number is. I have had two expeditions now (2019 and 2020) and mpg is pretty consistent between the two. My "city" driving is primarily short trips, .25 miles to the school, 1.5 miles to the supermarket, .15 miles to the church, .15 miles to dance, etc, but all very short trips and as a result typical mpg in this scenerio is 12-14, which is also consistent with the smaller hemi powered suv we previously had. However, highway driving is much better with the expedition than the previous hemi. Towing is slightly better mpg with the expedition than the hemi. So, considering the expedition is BIGGER and peppier feeling and more comfortable it is still a win. If we do mixed driving where the expedition can actually warm up to full temp and hit some speeds over 25mph and not have stops every 30 seconds we see 15-17. I can usually get 18-22mpg with just highway driving. Utah isn't too flat so there are always pretty significant ups and downs and wind and we have 80mph speed limits once you are out of the "big" city. If I can cruise at 65-70 I can get great mileage.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had this '22 Platinum since Nov '22, and .....so far.....it's been absolutely great. My first Expy after 4 Navigators, and aside from not quite the same grade of leather and wood trim, it's better than any of them, from handling/ride (w/CCD) to tech/features/amenities.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You don’t buy these for mpg…
Lol indeed, I just have anxiety that my Mpg is so low compared to the advertised mpg and think something is wrong with my engine and drinking more fuel than it should be

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire