No Gauges or Nav/Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdecker

Reaction score
It's a bad solder joint. You haven't noticed but i'll bet your power windows don't work either. Radio, windows, gauges are all controlled by the module in the instrument panel. You can take the instrument panel out pretty easy then remove the back and use a magnifying glass to look for the cold joint.

OP
OP
K

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea I knew the power windows didn't work. I had a chiropractor adjustment yesterday (too many times under the dash lately) so I'll wait a couple of days then pull the dash and hopefully fix it. I really appreciate all the help here!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
before you pull the dash Check under the drivers side sill plate in the wire bundle there are some purple wires that are know to corrode and cause problems Might be easier to check this first

OP
OP
K

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do believe however it's in the dash since when I pull the Expy out and let it set in the sun the dash warms up and the gauges come on.

OP
OP
K

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well no luck. I looked the circuit board and contacts over well and couldn't see anything. I did reflow the solder joints on the circuit board connector pins to no avail. I've been looking at the cluster repair services on ebay specifically ATL Enterprises and My Auto Solutions in Georgia. There cost is $49 & $15 shipping. I think I may give them a call tomorrow. They both have good reviews. I want to sell the Expy this spring and get the wife something smaller to drive so I really need to get this fixed.
Thanks!!

OP
OP
K

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No I'll check it tomorrow but I don't understand how that affects it if I can hit the dash and get them to come on part of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.