No heat in the back 01EB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MedicMoe

Reaction score
Here is what I got going. I replaced the thermostat and the front heat is awesome, but I get luke warm air from the back. I've searched and can only find the clicking problem which I do not hear. I can get air from the roof and floor by the switch with no problem. I back flushed the rear heater core, and got a fair amount of brown out of it, and put it back together. I warmed up the truck, to the point I get nice heat from the front, but still none in the back. I checked the hosed to the rear core, and inlet is warm/hot, and return is cold. I checked under the hood and same thing, supply is hot to front and back, but the rear return is cold, front return is hot. Is there a valve that I'm not seeing in this loop to the rear?
expy%20heat_zpsxyhrm5gq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No valve

sounds like a blocked rear heater core

Check the rear core hoses at the heater core and see if there is any difference

OP
OP
MedicMoe

MedicMoe

Reaction score
What would be the best way to flush the line?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MedicMoe

MedicMoe

Reaction score
I installed a flush tee from prestone, between the water pump and the fire wall, on the line that feeds the front heater core. I flushed for sons time in both directions. I used a vise grip to clamp off the line between the tee and the pump to flow normally, then i removed the vise grip, and clamped it between the tee and the fore wall to flow backwards. I get a little more heat of the back now when the truck is up to operating temp, but still not hot. the rear hoses are warmer. now i just need to drsain some water out and add coolant.