No heat up front - Blend Door actuator motor works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My mechanic - whom I trust - went to replace the blend door actuator in my 06 EB. He called to say the actuator worked fine - where should we go from here in our quest to get HEAT up front?

He checked the core, electrical, etc. - could it be a case where he didn't notice the 'thingy' had stripped where it connects to the blend door?

Please help!

Last edited:

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Plugged heater core? Check to see if you have hot water going in and out of the core / heater hoses

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just because the actuator is working, does not mean the blend door is moving. Can you hear the door move and is so does it stay? My actuator would move, even move the door but once to took off from a stop, the door would slam shut and no ac. Maybe I was taking off from the stops too hard.

OP
OP
D

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks - he's going to have to remove the whole dash and check the doors, and entire assembly - whereas before he was working through the radio hole.

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is as blend door replacement that you go through the glove box. That is the one I used. It saves a lot of time and money.