No lock on gas tank door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ted Kramer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I came out of work today and someone messed with the door even though my truck was locked. Never would have realized that the door doesn’t lock when the truck locks. And you can’t put on a locking inner cap. Has anyone solved this issue or had a similar situation.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Locking gas doors have always seemed like a hassle to me. My wife’s car has one and about every third time I fill up I forget and have to struggle to open the door before I remember and feel like an idiot.

What are they for, anyway? This is not the 70’s...who is stealing gas? Unleaded is less than $2; we’re swimming in the stuff.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These vehicles have some kind of anti-siphon thing in them anyway (not sure how or how well it works). Oh, and if you have a gas cap lock, the normal gas-stealing method in Alberta anyway is to drill a hole in your gas tank and drain it out... :-(

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank fully it DOESN'T have that. I hate my wifes car with that feature. I'm always locked out of the stupid fuel door.