Gas filler - no gas cap type

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

callwill

Reaction score
Have a 2011. It has the filler with no gas cap. What do people do to add gas if they run it down too far or out of gas(so far i have not but did twice in my ole 2002 when the gas gauge played tricks on me!) or put additives in the tank. I see how to open the "door" but no bottle of additives or gas cans i have will do it.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need funnel that's the same size as a filler nozzle. There should be one in your vehicle next to the jack, in the back of the cargo area. Otherwise you can get one at Walmart or any auto parts store.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need funnel that's the same size as a filler nozzle. There should be one in your vehicle next to the jack, in the back of the cargo area. Otherwise you can get one at Walmart or any auto parts store.
I second @mr_dave 's comment. Your vehicle should have come with one. In with the jack, or for some reason I have seen them in gloveboxes at times in Fords.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have a 2011. It has the filler with no gas cap. What do people do to add gas if they run it down too far or out of gas(so far i have not but did twice in my ole 2002 when the gas gauge played tricks on me!) or put additives in the tank. I see how to open the "door" but no bottle of additives or gas cans i have will do it.

Information on how to add fuel (or other products) is contained in your vehicle owner’s manual.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is what it looks like. 1 comes with each vehicle from the factory and is in the jack storage compartment, unless a previous owner removed it. If so they are cheap to buy online.

Ford 8U5Z-17B068-B Funnel

2009-2019 Ford 8U5Z17B068B

1690314741645.jpeg

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use a skinny funnel and a couple of screwdrivers to press in the tabs on either side of the funnel

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use a skinny funnel and a couple of screwdrivers to press in the tabs on either side of the funnel
Taking the chance of ruining the latch mechanism just to save $3 does not make sense. As stated, there should already be a funnel in the spare tire area. If not, they are super cheap.