No lock on gas tank door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the Mercedes MLs I had the fuel filler door locked and unlocked with the door locks. To me that's the best of both worlds. It was only a problem when I got gas in NJ where they don't let you pump yourself.

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the Mercedes MLs I had the fuel filler door locked and unlocked with the door locks. To me that's the best of both worlds. It was only a problem when I got gas in NJ where they don't let you pump yourself.

My Infiniti FX45 fuel filler door locked and unlocked with the door locks too. It was easy to use and a little more secure. Sure, someone could pry the door open if they really wanted to, but it might discourage idle vandalism and theft.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
personally id like to get rid of the POS (cant get the tank full to the brim, and its always spilling over and down the paint)!

Anyone figured out a way to remove it an move to a traditional cap (then we could buy a locking caps too).

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
personally id like to get rid of the POS (cant get the tank full to the brim, and its always spilling over and down the paint)!

Anyone figured out a way to remove it an move to a traditional cap (then we could buy a locking caps too).
Are you topping off past the initial pump shutoff?