No more Eibach kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lakeview Bear

Reaction score
I got these back in May 2021. Was going with a quick fix since one of my bags was gone. Didn't want to spend a whole lot. I have plans to do more later down the road. So far so good and I think I like the ride better than the AS.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I contacted Rancho and they confirmed these won't fit on Navigators. Apparently conversion kits differ somewhat from the OEM Expedition struts. I ordered a Strutmasters Premium kit as is. The sales person claims they switched to black springs because most people didn't like red but they're also not consistently using the same brand springs and struts on all kits.
Well that certainly may be the case. Rancho also said the quick-lift struts wouldn't fit an air suspension equipped Expedition, they were wrong on that at least for my 2004 4wd EB Expedition.

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I contacted Rancho and they confirmed these won't fit on Navigators. Apparently conversion kits differ somewhat from the OEM Expedition struts. I ordered a Strutmasters Premium kit as is. The sales person claims they switched to black springs because most people didn't like red but they're also not consistently using the same brand springs and struts on all kits.
I would be very surprised if they didn't fit on the navigators. The strutmasters and Dorman have the same part numbers for the expy/Navi struts/springs. And a lot them on Rock auto as well.

OP
OP
G

getdealtwith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd probably bought the Ranchos based on your inputs and once I saw that the Strutmasters kit is for both Navis and Expys. So far it's been better than expected. The ride height is definitely higher than the AS both parked and fully lifted to regular ride hight. I personally like it though. It looks more appropriate for a full size SUV.

The ride quality is good. I was concerned the extra weight of the Navigator vs the Expedition show but there's no bouncing as some people mentioned with lower end kits. The OEM air suspension absorbed quick bumps slightly better but with worn OEM shocks. Overall the ride quality wasn't really noticeably better. The new shocks in the coil struts definitely improve some aspects of the ride.

My Mechanic was surprised that I didn't just have him fix the leaky bag but the constant failures on solenoids, ride height sensors and the worn compressor constantly draining the battery aren't worth the only slightly better ride quality.

I still need to install the module from Strutmasters to get rid of the dash warning but other than that, this is a more worry free ride when you head out to remote locations with family.