No Start- 2007 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmcdougall17

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Ford Expedition that will not start. About 2 weeks ago I changed the fuel filter on it, because the fuel filter was so old and rusted that it had pinhole leaks. It's been running fine for 2 weeks, but yesterday we moved it in the driveway, and now today it will not start.
I got underneath the truck and had my wife turn the key to the on position, I can hear the fuel pump prime for a second or two. I than disconneted the out-end of the fuel filter and had her turn the key on. My expectation was that fuel would pour out of the filter, but it did not. Than had her crank it for a bit and still no fuel coming out of filter. So I'm thinking the fuel is not making it to the filter....Is my problem the fuel pump? Maybe even though I can hear it priming it doesn't have enough power to send fuel..Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

75Flh

Reaction score
Make sure the filter is not clogged,,,then plan on fuel pump...

If the filter rusted enough for pin hole leaks, I would get a camera and look inside the tank?..maybe the pick up rusted off?

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New filter could be clogged, I've seen a new filter get clogged after replacing nasty old one.

StephenOsborne1

Reaction score
Don't these trucks have a fuel pump driver module? On the f150s it's on the frame above your spare tire. The body is aluminum and can corrode against the steel frame, where it grounds.