No start after engine install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joseaguirre

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2014 ford Expy king ranch that dropped a valve and made a hole into a piston. I replaced the engine with a rebuilt one I got everything installed, all grounds are clean & secured. I have no fault codes. Fuel pump comes on(above 60 psi). Spark is good verified with noid light. Now what I’ve noticed is the rpm on the cluster is not moving. The check engine light will remain on after I crank the engine. Went over all the wiring x2 to make sure nothing got damaged and wiring is intact. I did a resistance check on ckp sensor and got 340ohms. I know that should be within spec but I also noticed on my scanner that the cam & crank are not in sync. Is it possible the crankshaft sensor just went bad? Even if it’s not throwing a fault code?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the timing cover already on the new motor when you unpacked it ? Just for grins did you reset the fuel inertia switch in the rear quarter panel ?
Did you try spraying some starter fluid into the throttle body to see if she'll kick over ?

OP
OP
J

joseaguirre

Reaction score
No I installed the timing cover, yes I reset the fuel inertia switch , I also sprayed starter fluid but it just cranks no change.

OP
OP
J

joseaguirre

Reaction score
No I just rechecked it to verify if issue is within pcm. No spark I checked on my scanner data and on one of the parameters it says “ fuel disabled - yes” I checked the coil packs and injectors and I got power but no ground.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, did you visually check that the crank and cams were set to their proper positions before installing the cover? Is it possible that the engine assembler missed the timing by a tooth during assembly? Like they say, trust but verify.

OP
OP
J

joseaguirre

Reaction score
I did not, but I’m sure it would’ve given me a fault code. I’m not getting any engine codes and I have 2 injectors unplugged,crank sensor unplugged just to check for power & ground.