Not on the Navigator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol. No way.

The expy front end looks like a bad Ford Flex and explorer crossover with braces.

Blah. At best blah.

Navi front end is probably the best looking front end out there today. The terrible mercury sable horizontal tail light? Not so much.

I love everything about the Navi front end EXCEPT for the rope lights...which are very 8 years ago. If they had put the Expi-style continuous light in the same spot, the Navi nose would be perfect.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expy front for the win. The Navy says “look at me, I’m a cheap Bentley”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it certainly wins the “looks most like a 13 year old with braces” contest

Or the “I’m a cheap Tahoe” contest.

It doesn’t sound like you have spent much time in a Tahoe vs the new Expy. Denali, maybe. 13 and braces? That’s your tragic flash back. Maybe if it looked more like the Aviator.

f098c17228072a8cadf3f2e4beb2b937.jpg

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This thread has gotten really entertaining.

*Grabs* the :popcorn::facepalm:

I really am going to miss out on the boost gauge... The Navi gauge cluster is way to basic and such a waste of real estate. They relied way too much on the heads up display imho. The start up sequence however is killer.

It's going to be an adjustment coming from this though...
i-RMn45Qn-XL.jpg

Last edited:

nobrainer

Reaction score
We had a Navigator Reserve (iirc - it wasn't the top end one though) as a limo from the airport (we have a '19 expy plat), the driver saw our Expy said that if it were his money would get the expy instead of that navigator, no question. Most everything on the Navigator is on the expy, and the few items that aren't are not worth the markup.

But dang it, the cabin is nicer in the navigator, love the instrument cluster, and the fit and finish seemed better.

One day, it would be nice to have stupid levels money.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
*Grabs* the :popcorn::facepalm:

I really am going to miss out on the boost gauge... The Navi gauge cluster is way to basic and such a waste of real estate. They relied way too much on the heads up display imho. The start up sequence however is killer.

It's going to be an adjustment coming from this though...
i-RMn45Qn-XL.jpg
I concur, at this cost of entry the instrument cluster should dazzle. The current Navigator has an almost minimalist approach to the instrumentation.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But dang it, the cabin is nicer in the navigator, love the instrument cluster, and the fit and finish seemed better.

One day, it would be nice to have stupid levels money.
The interior in the Navigator was the determining factor in our purchase over the Expy.

As for the ‘stupid levels of money’, when we bought our loaded Reserve it was only 10k or so more than the loaded out Platinum Expy. Over the long term it was a no brainer, especially given the fact that the Lincoln comes to me for service and leaves me a loaner... we added that perk to the duration of extended warranty and maintenance package for 8 or 9 years.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The interior in the Navigator was the determining factor in our purchase over the Expy.

As for the ‘stupid levels of money’, when we bought our loaded Reserve it was only 10k or so more than the loaded out Platinum Expy. Over the long term it was a no brainer, especially given the fact that the Lincoln comes to me for service and leaves me a loaner... we added that perk to the duration of extended warranty and maintenance package for 8 or 9 years.

When we picked up the Aviator it was 12K more than the Explorer ST. We didn’t think we would get into the Aviator but we tried to deal a little. We ended up with a Reserve Plus for 8K more than the ST. No brainer. Still got 400HP, 28 speakers, longer warranty and 30 way seats. I don’t like the front on the Navy, but knowing you can get all the options of the Platinum for a little more. I would have gotten the Navy. This is my wife’s third Lincoln and she loves their service. They asked her to swing by to put the plates on. They detailed her car, installed the plates and asked her if she was getting comfortable with all the tech and if she needed any help.