Not on the Navigator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saltwater Soul

Reaction score
Is there any option or feature one could have got on the 2018 Expedition that was not available on the same year Navigator? I am wanting to poke a friend who always has to have every feature.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Other than a lower MSRP? Waka waka

Didn’t the 2018 Expi have a CD player and the same MY Navi didn’t? The Expi ditched it for the 19MY, but I don’t think the Navi ever had it. @Artie can confirm or deny.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perhaps the skid plates on the Expedition FX-4 package would be something the Navigator doesn't offer. The Rear Entertainment System (RES) in the Expy allows the use of DVD discs, but the Navigator RES does not. Expy also has higher payload and towing capacity since it has a lower curb weight than the Navi.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Other than a lower MSRP? Waka waka

Didn’t the 2018 Expi have a CD player and the same MY Navi didn’t? The Expi ditched it for the 19MY, but I don’t think the Navi ever had it. @Artie can confirm or deny.
2018 was the last year they had CD players and to get the CD player you had to option for the fancy Revel audio package.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some prefer to have a walk-thru center row, making it easier to access the 3rd. The Navigator (all I think, with 2nd row captains) have a large, beautiful console. Its a trivial feature I suppose.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pre 2018 you got better exterior and interior styling with the Expedition, hence why the Expedition is worth more than the Navigator for resale. For 2018+ that flip flopped, now the Navigator looks awesome and the interior is great. I echo the above since he’s heavier lol.