"note to self"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadetree

Reaction score
"NOTE TO SELF"....The next time your cigarette lighter socket needs replaceing on your '97 Expy, buy a Bic......:smokin:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, what went wrong.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Shadetree

Shadetree

Reaction score
Ok, what went wrong.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sorry...didn't mean to leave things hangin..had to take off for xmas..I had a great one and hope you all did too..
I woke up early one morning and realized I had a few minutes to kill so I thought "what a great chance to change out my cigarette lighter socket that had burned out a few months back"...I was getting by fine without it, but just knowing that it needed fixin bothered me...Using pure logic I started taking things apart in the immediate area to access the socket. My hands are a little larger than the average bear (tripple X gloves) so they don't fit in small spaces..I started by attempting to remove the little flip down door that covers the socket. It can not be removed without breaking it, or removing the dash..I didn't want to break it so I started removing stuff to access the back of the socket..Once I got everything apart, I found that all the braces and brackets that all the stuff, including the radio, was attached to still wouldn't allow me to access the socket....God, I wish I had taken pictures..they'd be worth 10 thousand words....My wife came out to let me know that DINER was ready..She says "My god, what happen do your car"...As she stood there with her hands over her mouth in astonishment, I noticed how tiny they were...:love62:..."Sweetie, can you hold diner for a few minutes?" "I sure could use your help here"...
Her nimble little fingers had the socket replaced in no time (under my expert direction, of course). We then went in and had a well earned diner.. Next day, I cancelled my golf game and sent my wife to get her nails done while I replaced all the stuff...and got finished just in time for DINER... with only three screws left over.........

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Shadetree....LOL...please know im laughing with you and not at you....I have just gone through something similar with hunting down a couple of wire to tap into for these stupid LED arrows i had the bright idea I had to have....they just dont make it simple...